Iceberg Interactive and Zero Sum Games are proud to announce #StarDrive2, the revolutionary strategy turn-based sequel to the successful original PC title, will be coming to #Steam, other digital channels and boxed retail for PC, Mac and Linux this September.
Daniel DiCicco, CEO of Zero Sum Games stated, “StarDrive 2 represents the culmination of two decades of love for the 4X genre and five years of work on the StarDrive universe. Here we have taken everything we have learned – our successes, our failures, and our passion – and made a 4X game that we are incredibly proud of. We are dedicated to our community and we’re excited to start showing off StarDrive 2 to our fans.”
StarDrive 2 takes players on a galactic exploration and extraordinary mission to build a space empire and command huge fleets in an immersive universe, filled with nine alien races, pirate factions, galactic lore and mystery. As the galactic ruler of a race, players must lead their people to exploit planets, navigate asteroid belts, and overcome deep space dangers while managing diplomacy and espionage to strategically benefit from interspecies relations.
StarDrive 2 features:
- Battle Arena Mode for quick-fix battles against AIs
- Research new technologies that are unique to your race
- Build and customise ships for spectacular real-time battles
- Hire unique heroes to govern your worlds or command mighty fleets in battle
- Unlock new weapons, ship hulls and modules to upgrade warships
- Trading Cards, Achievements and Steam Workshop, for players to create and share their own in-game heroes, events, Battle Arena campaigns, ship modules, weapons, sound effects, and more.
As a reward to owners of StarDrive franchise, Iceberg and Zero Sum will provide a loyalty discount of 33% on StarDrive 2 from the standard retail price of $29.99. Before the sequel arrives, be sure to check out StarDrive official site and expand your galactic empire!