Two Bit Hero classic retro metroidvania game releases on Linux and Windows PC. Thanks to independent developer Ezekiel Rage. The handcrafted retro-like metroidvania is available on Steam, Itch.io and GameJolt.
Two Bit Hero is a classic retro metroidvania. Maybe better, a retroidvania if you will. While seeing you taking on the role of hero. Exploration focusing RPG featuring black and white graphics. Fast paced action and multiple endings. Power up your character by collecting items spread throughout 2 maps. Playing in two difficulty modes.
Citizens are stuck inside a skyscraper. So you have to get in, power up, and defeat the bad guys. And also save people and get out again. But be careful when you encounter a glitch in reality. Since it will transport you to a different Two Bit Hero reality altogether. But perhaps you can use that to your advantage?
Two Bit Hero Trailer
- Handcrafted Experience – Nothing is random
- Two large maps to explore – They are the same and yet different
- Carefully balanced gameplay – You’ll have to glitch between both Two Bit Hero realities to progress
- Power up your character by collecting items spread throughout both maps
- Retro look and feel – Includes chiptune music by Trevor Lentz (X-O Planets, Citadale, Neon.Code)
- Easy mode for newcomers to the genre
- Three different endings
Due to limitations with the engine. Some controllers, for example 8bitdo gamepads, may not work properly. There is, unfortunately, nothing I can do about that. Should you have any trouble with your gamepad. Maybe try another gamepad or use the keyboard.