Ultimate ADOM – Caverns of Chaos game fully releases with the Living Dead Content Update for Linux, Mac, and Windows PC. All due to the ongoing efforts of developer Team ADOM. Available on both Steam and GOG.
Developer Team ADOM is eager to announce the full release of Ultimate ADOM – Caverns of Chaos. The classic meets modern hardcore roguelike is available for Linux, Mac, and Windows PC. The title also receives the “Update of the Living Dead”. This includes a brand new class to the game, the Necromancer. Along with three new magical skill trees, for a total of 68 new skills. Including 19 new spells, and more than 20 new monsters to slay.
A sequel 25 years in the making, Ultimate ADOM – Caverns of Chaos takes everything players love about traditional roguelikes — procedurally generated levels, random encounters, tons of skills, and a ridiculous amount of build varieties and play styles — and adds in modern sensibilities like multiple graphics options, intuitive controls, and a slick presentation.
“We couldn’t be happier to announce the full release of Ultimate ADOM – Caverns of Chaos, ” said Thomas Biskup, Creator of ADOM. “We listened closely to player feedback during the Early Access phase and are constantly working to add more content and improve the experience for our fans, so adding the Update of the Living Dead to the full release was a no-brainer.”
Update of the Living Dead Features:
- The Necromancer Class: A master of death magic and grafting. The Necromancer can utilize the dark powers of Lichcraft. So he can transform himself into a powerful undead beast.
- 68 new Skills, 19 new Spells: The addition of three new skill trees — Death Mastery, Summoning Evil Spirits, and Death Magic. This also opens up whole new approaches to Ultimate ADOM – Caverns of Chaos combat.
- 20 New Monsters: New beasts to slay are now present across all levels. Including the Kobold Wizards who can learn all the spells you know.
- Factions Now Reward Loyalty: Each faction now provides unique starting equipment and stat boosts. Playing for the same faction repeatedly will grant powerful boons.
- Custom Characters: Ultimate ADOM – Caverns of Chaos players can now fully customize their character’s appearance. As well as the inventory screen and how items appear on the ground.
- And Much More: The new update comes with visual enhancements to spells, biomes, and wall decorations. Better scaling for spells at high levels, and plenty of re-balancing. As well as UI improvements, bug fixes, and stability improvements
Ultimate ADOM – Caverns of Chaos | Full Release Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows PC)
Since the events of the first game, the big bad known as Andor Drakon has been seemingly vanquished. So Ancardia is still struggling with the fatal aftermath of Andor’s defeat. Sadly, power loathes a vacuum, and seven factions are now scrambling to be the new top dog. While they bicker with each other, however, a new evil begins to stir below the surface. It’s up to you to head down into the aptly named Caverns of Chaos. So you can search for these ominous rumblings. Also, keep things from getting out of hand. Dust off your spellbook, grab your favorite cloak, and maybe graft a new arm to your body. All so you can hold another weapon. Since you’re going to need it in Ultimate ADOM – Caverns of Chaos.
- Every Run is Different: Thanks to a staggering variety of skills, spells, classes, and factions. Players can enjoy the challenge of Ultimate ADOM – Caverns of Chaos with a nearly endless selection of build combinations.
- Read the Limb Loaning Agreement: Let nothing go to waste! Collect the severed body parts of your defeated foes. Graft them onto your own body. As the old saying goes, two heads are better than one. Especially when they’re attached to the same body!
- Multiple Methods for Magic Mastery: Swords are fun, but summoning demons, flinging balls of fiery death, animating the very walls of the dungeon to crush your enemies is even better. With more than 80 spells available spread throughout several different schools of magic. Aspiring sorcerers have their work cut out for them.
- Keep Things Old School: Hardcore genre purists will be pleased to know that Ultimate ADOM – Caverns of Chaos can be played in classic ASCII format. So you can toggle between 3D mode and top down view
Ultimate ADOM – Caverns of Chaos is now available on Linux, Mac, Windows PC. Available on Steam and GOG. Priced at $19.99 USD / £17.49 / €19.99 plus a 30% launch discount.
The game is currently available in English with German, French, Russian, and Simplified Chinese subtitles.