We have a new #game is now amidst the realms, emerging forth as a combination of #Skyrim in the environment #Diablo 3, developed with the CryEngine 3. A campaign that requires your help to reach its full potential.
Umbra has a Kickstarter campaign that is starting to generate some serious backers very keen to the game’s development. The SolarFall team is a small and independent group of game developers hailing from Nice, France. Now using Kickstarter to help establish define game’s audience without any private investors or publishers to alter any aspects of the game’s original vision.
The campaign has over 3000 backers exceeding $100,000 of pledges with 26 days to hit $225,000. Not only that, Umbra has already been featured as a Kickstarter Staff Pick. Here’s the pitch:
[kickstarter url=https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1062682568/umbra width=”480″]
To top things off, the Steam Greenlight community have already voted on the game, which was featured on the community page. As Umbra has collected some positive reviews from the Greenlight community. Many agree the title is definitively interesting, having high hopes for the storyline and visually stunning graphics. For a small independent team such as SolarFall Games, the visuals alone will convince even a non-gamer this team is dedicated and passionate in seeing Umbra through.
As an open world RPG similar to Skyrim, Umbra will have more of an early Diablo style theme. The game will be highly customizable, where your character can wear two different shoulder pads, weapons can be customized, while your character evolves into its Apocalyptic Form, developing special powers according to your play style. There is also a great deal of complexity to Umbra, where character development only has three resources: Rage, Stamina and Mana. While the elemental skills are limited to Fire, Frost, Water and Lightning. Character statistics come with Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, and Power. The rest of the character development comes from customization, while you level up skills, and collect loot.
The game features a unique mechanic called Apocalyptic Form that allows players to shape shift into a highly customized character! You’re free to mold your character thanks to a deep and rich customization system. And thanks to our complex crafting mini-game and our housing module you will be able to make your adventure feel as YOUR adventure!
Umbra’s features differ from the classic games of the genre:
- Open World : Discover the world and enjoy it at your own convenience
- Exploration and experimentation is rewarded with new powers, attributed according to your play style!
- Free character development – No class limitation. You have three resources: Rage, Stamina and Mana, and they all interact with each other in order to balance gameplay.
- Apocalyptic Form: According to your play style, you will develop special powers for your character, changing their abilities and look. Fierce melee warriors may gain a third arm to equip with a new weapon; a fire caster will have their skin turn into lava and heal from fire. Even wings and horns might appear on your character depending on your actions!
- Tons of Loot: Weapons, Armor, Potions and randomly generated magic effects for more gameplay diversity!
- Semi procedural Weaponry: Blades, pommel and guard details can be randomized for more unique gear in the game!
- Advanced Crafting mini-game: Build your own weapons and armors thanks to a complex and challenging module in Umbra
- Tons of Destructible environments: From small walls to complete parts of an area. We hope you enjoy it!
- Housing: Create your own house and proudly showcase your special gear!
- Mature story full of secrets to discover exploring the world
- Kythera AI system: The automatic real time navigation adaptation of Kythera adapts to any change in the physics of the world, allowing us to create exciting scenes including large portion of levels collapsing or moving and fighting on the back of giant creature, creating never seen before gameplay situations!
- Dungeon challenge (Stretch goal): Transform a special part of your house into a dungeon and challenge other players to survive the onslaught!
- Multiplayer mode (stretch goal): Multiplayer is an ambitious goal we would love to achieve, but it must be done correctly. We plan to have different interesting stretch goals for you that will allow us to build the foundation of the multiplayer. In the best case scenario, we would like to have the following mods: Dungeon Challenge (see above), Co-Op mode, and Competitive Plaver vs Player vs AI.
Developed using the software framework design of CryEngine 3 for Linux and Windows PC. Umbra is already shaping up to be an epic RPG and SolarFall is looking for your support in the game’s Kickstarter Campaign.