Unholy Alliance tower defense game dev talks support for Linux with Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to details from the developer and English teacher, Mutasim Nadeem. Due to work its way onto Steam next month.
Enemies from this world and the dark one fight together in an Unholy Alliance. All due to destroy your Extractors. So get ready to face and defeat enemy hordes using a vast arsenal of towers. Along with special powers at your command in a unique tower defense game. Letting you push your tactical skills to the limit. Along with a nod to Lord of the Rings, with the Eye. All due to release on September 1st, 2021.
This is the premise behind Unholy Alliance, which looks surprisingly good. This of course encouraged an email to developer Mutasim Nadeem.
…we have future plans to bring the game to more platforms like: Linux, android, ios, switch.
While this is good news, due note, the game engine is GameMaker Studio 2. Which does offer Linux support, but sometimes forces players to have to use Proton. On top of this, the developer also mentions evaluating sales, which means no day one release. However it’s the gameplay, skill tree, and overall playability that may get your attention. Check out the trailer below.
Unholy Alliance Official Trailer
In Unholy Alliance you will fight on forests and wastelands. All while customizing your defensive strategy with different towers and special power. This includes Extractor upgrades and specializations! So you can bring your enemies death from above and send them moving backward using Wind. You can also place Mines in their way, block their way with a Decoy, or even Freeze them.
- Epic defense battles that will hook you for hours!
- Full screen High definition awesome illustrated cartoon art for Unholy Alliance!
- Upgrade tree with three different paths. Due to let you upgrade Towers, Extractors, and Special Powers. Since this offers unique playstyles.
- Assign target priority to each tower (shoot first, shoot last, shoot strongest, shoot weakest)
- Fist of Revenge that gives almost unlimited access to your special powers. Also never seen on a defense game!
- Wide range of Unholy Alliance enemies, from an ordinary soldiers to Ministers of Drakness. Each offers their own skills. As a result, beware of the missile launchers!
- Intense boss fight against Ratash!
- Hours of gameplay.
- Extra game modes that will push your tactical skills to the limit.
Unholy Alliance tower defense is due to release on Mac and Windows PC, September 1, 2021. But due to make its way on Linux. So be sure to Wishlist the game on Steam.