Described as “The #Update That Changed The World,” #Minecraft 1.7.1 is pre-releasing on Friday, October 23rd. Both updating the #game to removes bugs involving the game’s #performance on #Linux and adding twice the number of biomes, this update is a doosey.
On their site, #Mojang explained that this update involved changing over five hundred thousand lines of code within the game. The gameplay additions and technical improvements include:
New world generation
- Double the amount of biomes, with new trees/flowers/blocks.
- New “Amplified” world option.
- Less ocean, more awesome.
- Two new types of wood.
- Stained glass! With both blocks and panes.
- Packed ice, red sand, podzol.
- Lots of new flowers, including double-tall versions of current plants.
- Portals can be bigger sizes!
- Added more type of fish.
- Redone the fishing mechanics. Can now catch junk and treasure too.
- Fishing rod enchantments!
- Put them in an item frame and hang them on your wall. They’re extra big!
- Lots of new colours for lots of blocks!
- Now with less lag!
Achievement & Statistics overhaul
- Now both world (or server) specific.
- In multiplayer, it’s announced to everybody when you get an achievement.
- You can move your mouse over this in the chat to see what it was!
- Some new achievements and statistic types were added.
- Zoomable achievements screen!
- Servers can now put a 64×64 image called “server-icon.png” in their folder, that you will see on your server list.
- You can see who’s online before joining a server; move your mouse over the player count!
- Lots of hidden preparation for allowing name changes.
Resource pack changes
- You can now have multiple selected.
- They can completely re-do your sounds, adding new ones or changing current ones.
- Servers can now recommend a resource pack for you to use.
Chat & command improvements
- New commands to spawn mobs or blocks of any type.
- Command block minecart!
- Clickable links to achievements and items.
- Click on somebody’s name in the chat to message them!
Lots and lots of technical work!
- Completely rewrote how the network (multiplayer) works.
- Completely rewrote the sound manager.
- New graphics options.
- Basic shader support testing.
- Many bugs fixed, including
In order to help the Mojang team perfect their 1.7.1 update, users can open the launcher to click on the “New Profile,” name thier profile “snapshots,” select the box that says “Enable experimental development snapshots,” and then save. By following these steps, Mojang hopes to quickly release a perfected 1.7.1 that will address many issues as well as bring about many gameplay enhancements.
Reblogged from: gamingunion.net