Valheim challenging co-op adventure releases in Early Access via Linux gaming and Windows PC. Thanks to developer Iron Gate AB for their continuing effort. The reviews for the Steam Early Access release are Very Positive.
Valheim the challenging co-op adventure makes it’s debut in Early Access. The game reviews are rather good for an open world exploration survival game. Especially since players tend to want to judge such releases as a full launch. But they are taking up the help in the vast procedurally generated purgatory inspired by norse mythology and Viking culture. The player has the task of taking back the realm from the ancient enemies of Odin. While building mead halls and castles, crafting weapons and armor. Including, sailing the seas in search of new horizons.
Due to say in Early Access for at least one year. But this also depends on player feedback and the amount of content being added to the final game. Therefore, there is a change the Valheim full release could take longer. You can check out the roadmap in the Steam post for a full breakdown.
Mind you, this is only the list, there are no dates. Things like ships and sailing are already in the game. But there are further plans to update the existing features with more content.
Valheim Early Access Launch Trailer
As for now, Valheim is a huge procedurally generated world. Which is also inviting for players to explore the lush forests and snow topped mountain ranges. As well as mystical meadows, all presented in striking Lo-Fi graphics. Valheim offers a dodge and block based combat system with a wide range of weapons. So that deathless vikings can battle primordial bosses of myth and legend. The viking adventure is playable solo, or with up to nine friends. Since no one wants to repeatedly face death alone. Between deaths, Valheim offers a flexible house and base building system. An easy to use item crafting and ship building system along with dedicated servers.
- Huge procedurally generated world – explore and inhabit mystical lands. From mysterious forests to imposing snow topped mountain ranges and stunning meadows. Complete with their own creatures of legend to battle and wildlife to hunt.
- Co-op PvE (2-10 players) – – Whether you want to brave the lands alone or venture with trusted allies. Valheim supports independent, player-hosted servers and unlimited world creation. Its best to play co-op with 3-5 players.
- Punishing dodge & block based combat system with a wide range of weapons
- Build & sail ships – from flimsy rafts to imposing warships. Then build legendary vessels to conquer the seas and discover new lands.
- Summon and defeat vengeful primordial bosses of myth and legend. Then collect trophies to progress and craft new powerful items in Valheim
- Flexible house and base building system – raise mead halls, farms, settlements outposts, castles and more.
- Intuitive item crafting – forge the finest weapons and armor, and craft food and mead.
- Dedicated server- for players who want to run a persistent server. If you prefer not to run a server on your PC, consider renting a server at G-Portal.
Valheim challenging co-op adventure releases in Early Access for Linux gaming and Windows PC. There is no launch discount but the games only priced at $19.99 USD on Steam.