Slovakian Indie game developer Fatbot Games have announced the release date. Since Vaporum is scheduled for launch on Windows on September 28th. So hopefully Ubuntu and Linux players can delve into the unknown.
What about a Linux release?
Vaporum will come out on the PC Windows platform. As for other platforms, like Mac, Linux, or consoles, that really depends on how the game does after release and our options.
Since this is a Unity 3D game. Ubuntu and other Linux players will hopefully delve into the depths of the story. Which is not official news, but given the number of Unity based games on Steam. It’s likely we will see an Ubuntu and Linux native port. But the release date is only for Windows, sadly.
Vaporum is a grid-style, single-player, single-character dungeon crawler game. All seen from a first-person perspective in an original steampunk setting. Taking inspiration from old-school games like Dungeon Master I and II, the Eye of the Beholder series. And more recently Legend of Grimrock I and II.
Dealing with the games increasingly powerful enemies and puzzles. Find out what tragic events took place in the tower. Discovering the fate of its inhabitants. All while most importantly, searching your memory to unravel your own past. One thing is certain – an omnipresent blue substance seems to be connected to everything.
Since each enemy type in Vaporum has a distinctive set capabilities. Hence unique strengths, weaknesses, attack and defense mechanisms. So players will have to employ different tactics to beat them. Therefore player will have to gear up wisely before setting out on your quest. Since weapons really differ from one another. Not only by damage levels and appearance. Yet also in their unique bonuses or behaviors.
Vaporum – Greenlight Trailer:
Use a wide range of skills thanks to the gadget-based RPG system: direct attacks, area attacks, offensive and defensive buffs, etc. But be careful, because while they are powerful, they also drain your energy. Remember that some enemies are immune to certain types of attack, so you will have to figure out the best way to deal with every encounter the game throws at you.
Solve intriguing puzzles and level-wide objectives where you will need to use both your wits and reflexes. While most riddles are contained in a single room, progression objectives can span entire levels, or even multiple ones.
So instead of increasing the abilities of your human character. Improve your exoskeleton. Equip various items and define your own playstyle. Changing your loadout at any time to adapt to unexpected situations. While your exoskeleton becomes more powerful by absorbing a special substance – fumium. Which is gained via defeated enemies. So you will be able to unlock useful areas. Gaining significant permanent attribute bonuses and passive skills. Therefore the games loaded with a ton of customization options.
- Fight in real time! First-person real-time combat with deadly foes with varied abilities and behaviors.
- Be tactical. Use various attacks and read your opponents – each enemy has a different set of strengths and weaknesses.
- Fully voiced main characters. Find out what happened to the inhabitants of the tower from fully voiced phono-diaries kept by the main story’s protagonists.
- Tons of customization options! The gadget-based RPG system allows you to evolve your exoskeleton and define your own playstyle.
- Absorb fumium from defeated enemies. Unlock additional circuits in your exoskeleton and gain new bonuses and skills.
- Keep your wits about you. Solve level-wide objectives and puzzles that vary in difficulty.
- Explore and loot. Look for optional passages filled with additional challenges and rewards.
- What happened in the mysterious tower? A storyline full of dark secrets and unexpected twists.
- Immersive steampunk setting. Beautiful graphics, stunning sound design, and an atmosphere of constant danger lurking around every corner.
Vaporum will be available on Windows, with a release date set for September 28th. Yet we should see an Ubuntu Linux and Mac release after the launch. You can find more of the games information on the official website. As well as Facebook and Twitter.