Verdun developers are commemorating the Christmas Truce of 1914 with a Steam DLC for Linux, Mac and Windows. With an in-game event across all platforms. So every few battles players can experience the truce for themselves. Which means jumping into a game of football, snowball fights or sending postcards. Since the event will last until January 4, 2018. Also, Verdun is 60% off in the Winter sale on Steam until then.
Christmas Truce – War Child Steam DLC (Linux, Mac, Windows)
A temporary DLC allows players to access the Christmas Truce. Since this is available at any time and unlocks a Christmas Truce 2017 medal. All net revenue is going to the War Child charity. They work to support children affected by war. And also those growing up in conflict zones around the world.
Also, a giveaway competition is under way for the duration of the Christmas Truce. So every day the developers will pick three players who sent a postcard from the Christmas Truce map. They will win a game key for Tannenberg or Verdun, a trench whistle, or even a Verdun thermos. So Merry Christmas from M2H and Blackmill Games.
Verdun is the first multiplayer FPS set in a realistic World War One setting. Since this means merciless trench warfare. Gamesplay is a unique battlefield experience. Immersing players and their squad into intense battles of attack and defense.
The game takes place on the western front between 1914 and 1918. Which is also one of the bloodiest conflicts in world history.
The developers were inspired by the infamous Battle of Verdun in 1916. While gameplay offers 4 distinct game-modes. These are Frontlines, Attrition, Rifle Deathmatch and Squad Defense. There are also many historically accurate features. This includes realistic WW1 weaponry, authentic uniforms, gore and maps. All based on the real battlefields of France and Belgium.
Verdun key features include:
- Realistic World War 1 gameplay: Authentic weaponry with realistic bullet physics, skill based weapon handling, accurate gore, poisonous gas with a claustrophobic gas mask experience, and ferocious artillery barrages
- Tactical squad-based FPS: Unique squad leveling system. Also distinct squad types and roles, and voice chat
- True trench warfare: Real-time dynamic frontline with momentum-based attack and counterattack gameplay
- Authentic World War 1 setting: Typical WW1 music and style, historical battlefields set on the Western Front
- Challenging game modes: Team-based Frontline, tactical Attrition, skill-based Rifle Deathmatch and desperate survival in Squad Defense
Verdun Steam Sale:
Verdun is discounted 60% during the Winter Sale on Steam. Since the games also available on Linux, Mac and Windows.