Timeslip Softworks is excited to announce that #Greenlight and Kickstarter campaign for Vigilantes have just gone live.
Vigilantes offers a compelling crime themed, #turnbased #tactical experience for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Players assume the role of Sam Contino, an idealist dragged down the rabbit hole of vigilantism and determined to bring down the three criminal gangs which dominate Reiker City.
Inspired by the classic turn based RPG’s of the 90’s, like X-Com and Fallout, yet striking out in its own unique direction, Vigilantes is a crime themed, turn based tactical RPG with an old school heart, for Linux, Mac and Windows PC.
The role of Sam Contino, an idealist dragged down the rabbit hole of vigilantism as he works to bring down the three gangs that dominate Reiker City: the mafia, survivalists, and Church of the Final Exodus.
Vigilantes has all the features you would expect from a turn based RPG, yet the game stands out from its peers in a number of areas:
- Avoids typical RPG settings, striking out in its own direction with gritty, neo noir.
- Melee combat is choreographed and fluid to an extent rarely seen in turn based games.
- Avoids the trend of simplifying character systems and gameplay. It’s very much old school, with the best of modern design advances.
- Emphasis on atmosphere: memorable allies, deadly opponents, a declining city, all brought to life through quality writing, artwork and voice acting.
- Use surveillance to locate gang facilities and leadership. Randomly attacking footsoldiers won’t get you anywhere.
Vigilantes is the studio’s second game, and has been in development for almost two years. Polished preview demos are available for Linux, Mac and Windows PC.
The studio hopes to raise €5,000 to help with upcoming development costs, and the campaign has some great rewards.
In addition to significantly discounted copies of Vigilantes, backers have the option to have a criminal or NPC named after them. The Kickstarter campaign for Vigilantes will run until 6th November.