Village and Pillage the biggest update yet for Minecraft releases in Linux, Mac and Windows games. There are some nice changes, all thanks to Mojang. Even looking over the changelog. Which is huge by the way.
Village and Pillage took hardworking developers and pixel artists. While players, give Mojang constant feedback. Making this update something to be ultimately proud of. And since I don’t post a lot of about Minecraft. This is indeed a BIG update.
One the new features includes pillagers. Also one of the newest Minecraft mobs. Luckily pillagers are not the smartest. Since they have usually shoot each other. So you can pick them off at a distance with a crossbow.
What also catches my attention, the Wandering Trader. Since a mysterious merchant travels the lands in search of sales. You can exchange your emeralds with him. Since he has rare and exotic items. The Wandering Trader is also equipped to deal with mobs. So don’t worry about safety.
Village and Pillage: Official Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows PC)
Village and Pillage New Features:
- A new light source to cozy up your village
- Works great as a fireplace in a home. Since there is no fire spread to worry about
- Throw some food on it and become a campfire cooking pro!
- Sweet Berries
- A new source of food
- Sweet Berry Bushes are available in Taiga biomes
- Watch out for thorns in Village and Pillage!
- Bamboo Jungle
- Bamboo is now generated in Jungles. And also more densely in the new Bamboo Jungle biome
- New Achievements
- Plethora of Cats – Befriend twenty stray cats (20G)
- Kill the Beast! – Defeat a Ravager (30G)
- Buy Low, Sell High – Trade for the best possible price (50G)
- Disenchanted – Use a Grindstone to get experience from an enchanted item (20G)
- We’re being attacked in Village and Pillage – Trigger a Pillager Raid (20G)
- Sound the Alarm! – Ring the bell with a hostile enemy in the village (20G)
- I’ve got a bad feeling about this – Kill a Pillager Captain (20G)
More Features and Skins
- Roaming Skin Choice
- When choosing a skin from a skin pack in Village and Pillage. The selected skin will now be selected automatically. Which works on other Bedrock devices using the same account
- Some skin packs may not be eligible for roaming selection
- Accessibility Features
- You can now enable Text to Speech to read in-game chat
- Enable the UI Screen Reader to voice the name of interface controls. And also their current state
- Toggle the accessibility features in Settings
What’s more, you can interact with the dev’s. Just join the official Minecraft Discord.
There are still some known issue. Since some mobs are bugged. They might also look like new villagers in some Marketplace maps. Mojang is working on a hotfix. Which is coming soon. So don’t open those worlds until then. You can check out more information at aka.ms/brokenworlds.
There are just the new features for Village and Pillage. There are ton more, so check out the full changelog.
If you do now own Minecraft. The games available from the official website. Priced at $26.95 USD. With native Linux installs too.