So the games rather unique in that you travel between 2 parallel timelines whenever you want. Since the games unique wormhole mechanic helps you avoid obstacles. This is a player selected option that is quite handy. So due note, this can also put you in harms way. Which means timing and some close-call challenges are at hand.
Visions – use the Wormhole mechanic carefully
Colorful silhouettes around your ship indicate the dangers in the parallel timeline.
Increase your score by taking high risks
So put yourself in dangerous situations right before opening a Wormhole. Since this will increase your score multiplier. Also allowing you to gather impressive points. Then activate Frenzy Mode, by filling up the Frenzy gauge.
Vulture Strike release trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
Vulture Strike features:
- Strictly horizontal 2.5D.
- No player health bar, 1 hit KO.
- 2 main buttons: shoot and Wormhole. A third optional button is available to expand the vision into the parallel timeline.
- 3 difficulty settings.
- Precise and completely configurable controls. Works with keyboard, gamepad, arcade sticks, both analog and digital directions. Can be setup for movement. Mouse controls do not have support.
- Risk-reward based scoring system.
- Standard shot and 2 powered up shot modes.
- Online leaderboards.
- 5 levels.
- Graphic configuration options.
- Events in game tied to frames. If your computer struggles when rendering the game and the framerate drops, the game will be slowed down, no frames will be skipped.
- Visions color can be changed by the player to make them more or less visible and more pleasing to the eye.
- Unlimited use of the Wormhole mechanic, which allows for infinite different ways to approach the levels and unlimited potential to optimize runs for high scores.
The games Steam launch:
So Vulture Strike is will be available on Steam, December 19th, 2017. The games release will have day-one support for Linux, Mac and Windows. Also, no word on price or a launch day discount yet. Therefore, as soon as I do get word, I’ll update this post.