All Walls Must Fall to hit Early Access August 8th
Back in at the end of March, #AllWallsMustFall launched on Kickstarter for Linux, Mac and #Windows. Since the tech-noir spy thriller has done rather well in crowdfunding. Partially because the #games storyline based in Berlin 2089 where the Cold War never ended. So players in the isometric action tactics genre command secret agents using time travel, social stealth and combat. While working to prevent nuclear annihilation. Bring down the Wall. Love, kill, and remix reality to explore the games meaning of freedom. All in a parable reflecting upon current global issues in the mirror of a fantastic future past.
Since these are three ex-YAGER devs. Previously working on Spec Ops: The Line and Dead Island 2. While having gone indie after losing their previous project.
Therefore, after 3 months in closed alpha with our Kickstarter backers and 1.5 years of development we’re now finally bringing All Walls Must Fall to Steam Early Access and itch.io on August 8th. The game’s current version covers the first act of a replayable roguelike campaign in East Berlin.
So going forward we’ll be releasing regular monthly updates to gradually extend and improve the game. Based on player feedback as we already did during the closed alpha. Starting with the outstanding reached stretch goals from our Kickstarter campaign (called BAD LANGUAGE and DISCRIMINATION). Hopefully much more beyond that with a successful Early Access.
All Walls Must Fall Early Access trailer:
All Walls Must Fall Features:
- Isometric action tactics game for download on Linux, Mac and Windows
- Procedurally generated levels and campaign that plays different every time
- Developed by a team of former AAA professionals using Unreal Engine 4
- Sci-Fi noir Berlin as a divided city in which the Cold War never ended
- A parable that reflects on free will, moral ambiguity and the meaning of freedom
- Mixed 2D/3D art style of a propaganda poster brought to life
- Mind-bending time manipulation abilities
- Pausable games, real-time tactics with actions on the beat of the music
- Synaesthetic nightclub environments and audio
- A simulation sandbox featuring crowd simulation and destructible objects
- A focus on player agency and expression fostering different play styles including combat, hacking and social stealth using specialized secret agent characters
- An inclusive representation of the people of Berlin including their diverse cultural, sexual and gender identities