War Tech Fighters full launch coming to Steam for Windows, but what about a Linux update? Well have a small update for Linux and Mac support.
After a year-long run in Early Access focused on honing the game’s space-bound battles. Drakkar Dev and Green Man Gaming are proud to announce War Tech Fighters will launch in full on Steam on Wednesday 25th July, 2018.
The game charges players with taking on the deadliest weapons ever built – the War Techs. So you will have to travel across the galaxy and fight to defend the rebel colonies. Both of Hebos and Ares against the Zatros Empire. The malevolent force behind the War Techs, intent on spreading their malignant influence across the cosmos.
Linux release update:
“Since the game has been through many changes and transformations from the original release we don’t have any date for Linux/Mac version yet.”
So as you can see, this is a small update. More of a confirmation that the Linux release is still coming. Although no date is available yet, at least it’s still on the table. And seeing that there are 81% Very Positive reviews on Steam.
This is also a good sign. Particularly since our previous reply outlined Linux support closer to full release. Which is clearly not the case for the Unity 3D game.
Now, back to the story behind the game. Since you are working to halt their destructive advance. Players must face up to the War Techs – giant mechs that combine cold precision and state of the art technology. Doing so out amongst the stars, using a combination of close combat and long-range firefights.
Also engaging in fast, frenzied, and ultimately fantastical battles. Where only the most cunning and canny of pilots will survive. All in a high action singleplayer experience.
War Tech Fighters Full Launch Trailer (Windows, no Linux yet)
“War Tech Fighters is our love letter to both Japanese Anime and Hollywood Blockbusters – it genuinely sits somewhere between the two,” offers Manlio Greco, CEO of Drakkar Dev. “It’s amazing watching people take on epic mechs, switching between guns and missiles from a distance before darting in for some up close and personal combat. It enables real variety in play, which is mirrored in the huge amount of time gamers spend customising their mechs to add a real signature style to their play.”
War Tech Fighters Features:
- Fully Equipped War Tech – Destroy your enemies in long-range combat with guns and missiles, or get up close and personal with swords and shields.
- Dual camera view – play and fight in Third or First person.
- Customization – Hundreds and thousands of combinations of mech parts, weapons, and colors to truly stand out on the battlefield.
- Perks – Tailor your fighting style with perks included on swords and shields.
- Upgrades – Three base robot sets, each with specific bonuses, and over 180 upgradable robot parts.
- Research & Development – Research new upgrade projects to enhance your War Tech, and develop weapons ranging from missile launchers to anti-matter cannons.
- Level Up – Gain experience through combat to level up your War Tech pilot to gain improved attack and defence bonuses.
- Unlockable Special Projects – Explore space and collect hidden project parts to gain access to new War Tech sets, new swords, new shields and research projects.
- Intense Single Player Missions – Experience 33 missions of Captain Nathan Romanis’ battle across the galaxy.
- Simulator Bridge – Train your War Tech by replaying missions, or take on special Challenges to gain experience and add-ons to improve your machine.
- Survival Mode – Test yourself to the limit in three deadly infinite survival arenas, and walk away with special rewards. Compete with other players trying to reach for the top in a global leaderboard.
The Full Launch on Steam:
War Tech Fighters will get a full launch on Steam and Humble Store for Windows on Wednesday 25th July, 2018 for $14.99/€14.99/£9.99. Players can also benefit from a 50% discount during launch week. So here’s hoping we have that Linux build sooner rather than later.