Warhammer 40000: Shootas Blood & Teef game will not be ported to Linux, just Mac, and Windows PC. Due to further details from developer Rogueside. Due to release on Steam, GOG, and Humble Store.
Rogueside and Games Workshop announced the upcoming run & gun platformer Warhammer 40000: Shootas Blood & Teef. Due to launch on October 20, 2022 for Mac and Windows PC. But what about Linux support?
We will not be porting the game specifically for Linux. But we did notice some people are able to play the current demo on Linux.
Thanks to the Linux comment on the Discussions post, no port. But if you played the Demo, you know the game engine is Unity 3D. So this still offers some hope for Proton support going forward.
You can try out the new and improved Warhammer 40000: Shootas Blood & Teef demo for yourself. Which is available via Steam as part of the Warhammer SKULLS 2022 event. The enhanced demo adds a new level that unlocks the Weirdboy character class. That joins the previously available Flash Git class. While adding up to four-player local and online co-op. Due to featuring a never before seen introductory cutscene. Results may vary on Linux via Proton.
An explosive new trailer showcases the bombastic hand-drawn game in action. Complete with da boyz getting their mitts on loadz of shiny gubbinz, and massive Ummie Knights. There is also a taste of the face melting heavy metal soundtrack. Thanks to the efforts of Deon van Heerden.
Warhammer 40000: Shootas Blood & Teef | Release Date Trailer
This is a hand-drawn 2D run and gun adventure taking you on a wild ride of dakka, gore, and explosions! Krump your way through the hive city of Luteus Prime. Whle you battle Humans, Orks and Genestealer cultists. Then ultimately recover your luscious hair squig from the hands of the Warboss Gutrekka!
Full Game Features:
- Classic 2D side-scrolling goodness, filled with intense action, funny one-liners, screaming deaths, and comical dialogues!
- Choose your class, picking between four distinct characters, each with their own unique toolkit true to the Warhammer 40000: Shootas Blood & Teef lore.
- Inflict chaos with an arsenal of weapons at your fingertips. Expand your armory with up to twenty different weapons. There’s no such thing as having too much dakka!
- Unleash your Waaagh! at the right time! Wreak carnage and rain destruction on those puny ‘umies.
- Challenge the mightiest empire in the Warhammer 40000: Shootas Blood & Teef universe. Become victorious, bring the planet to its knees and lead your very own Waaagh!
- Earn hats by destroying compelling bosses, completing milestones or exchanging Teef at the Mekboy shop. Teef are collected by tearing through the story.
- Beautiful hand-drawn scenery gives an incredible sense of depth to a side-on world.
- Break up the action, and immerse yourselves in engaging cinematics.
- Set foot on Luteus Prime in single-player mode, or get a party together of up to four Ork Boyz and have some fun together! Multiplayer is available both online and in local co-op.
- Brawl it out against your rivals in an all-out epic battle to decide who is the baddest Ork in the Warband! Up to four boyz can scrap it out in the arena, both online and in local PvP.
- Get your socks rocked off with an amazing heavy metal soundtrack, composed by Deon van Heerden.
- Yes, there will be explosions. Like, a lot of them!
Warhammer 40000: Shootas Blood & Teef will launch on October 20, 2022. Due to release on Steam, GOG, and Humble Store. But only on Mac and Windows PC, Linux support via Proton, hopefully.