While the enchanting yet formidable Wood Elves are ruthless in defence of their home. Hence the ancient forest kingdom of Athel Loren. They are peerless archers who ride Great Eagles into battle. While you fight amongst fearsome woodland spirits, including colossal guardian Treemen and Forest Dragons.
Realm of the Wood Elves Features:
- New Wood Elves Race in the Grand Campaign
- New additional Race-specific currency: Amber
- Wonder-based Campaign victory condition
- Wood Elves may conquer any region on the map
- Two New Playable Legendary Lords: Orion and Durthu
- Two new Lord types with deep-specialisation skill trees
- Three new Hero types with deep-specialisation skill trees
- Comprehensive Wood Elves army roster
- Adds an additional campaign map to the game with the unique ‘Season of Revelations’ Wood Elves story Campaign
- New Unique Monsters, Heroes, Magic and Game Features
Since the Wood Elves campaign offers a uniquely different campaign experience to the other playable races of Total War: WARHAMMER. Due to their major infrastructure being housed in the Wood Elf settlements of Athel Loren. While they are capable of expanding outwards, capturing settlements and building limited outposts. Known as Asrai Lookouts, in their stead. The heart of the campaign is The Great Oak, hence a unique 5-tier building related to the new Wonder victory condition.
New currency: Amber
Alongside Gold, the Wood Elves require Amber to recruit certain elite units, to unlock certain technologies, and to expand the Oak of Ages. This is a finite resource in the world however, and can only be gained by capturing settlements and setting up Asrai Lookouts.
A Wood Elves Grand Campaign may be led by one of two Legendary Lords: the demigod Orion, The King in The Woods, or the ancient Treeman, Durthu. Each begins play in a different starting position, controlling a different Athel Loren faction, and bring their own suite of campaign bonuses.
There is a great deal of background and lore around Realm of the Wood Elves. While we are very keen to see the DLC available on Linux, thanks to Feral Interactive. This marks another adding to a AAA available with native support.
So those eager to learn more can check out the details now on Steam for Linux.
Despite any launch day discount, we suggest waiting for the Steam Winter Sale.