WarriOrb tells a tragic story of loss and desperation. All while hidden behind the comic tale of a demon trapped inside a ball. Yes it’s that mayhem about regaining your freedom. And also your original demonic form. After all, you are the Spirit of the Unknown, forced into a pathetic ball body. So it’s your fault for the failure of a Very Important Summoning Spell. One that is supposed to bring the Wizard’s daughter back to life. But since it didn’t and here you are. Likewise, it’s up to you to find another way to resurrect her.
WarriOrb Launch Trailer
Also, if you are not sure if you want to buy the game. The early demo is still on itch.io and gamejolt for Linux and Windows PC. This gives you a fairly solid introduction into the gameplay. It’s also a bit of a trick to combine rolling and dodging. So just a heads up, take your time and use a controller.
- Ball based platforming: roll and bounce your way towards freedom.
- Metroidvenia inspired exploration in 2.5D: discover a beautiful hand crafted 3D universe walking on curvy paths.
- Agile combat: combine different weapons and spells with your movement abilities to triumph in the challenging encounters and boss fights.
- Helpful and helpless inhabitants: chat with other more or less intelligent creatures in WarriOrb. Some of them will need your help, some of them will help you out.
- Puzzles: take a break between the struggles of facing deadly traps and furious foes to solve some light logical challenges.
- Cloth makes the ball: Dress according to the occasion! Your wear has a huge “gameplay impact”, but there is no ultimate equipment – different situations require different outfits. If you are brave (or foolish) enough you can just ignore that and wear whatever you prefer, like any true hero would.
One point of contention, that should be fixed in the latest patch. There could be a controller conflict. This shows up in the Windows PC but carries over to Linux. If you can’t use your controller on Linux. Then launch the game via command line. Which is located in “./steam/steamapps/common/WarriOrb/Warriorb/Binaries/Linux”. Then run the game using “./Warriorb”.
If you run into any issues, reach out on the game’s Discord.
WarriOrb action adventure RPG releases on Steam. Priced at $14.94 USD including a 17% discount. Available on Linux and Windows PC.