Warstride Challenges first person shooter tests you in the Next Fest Demo on Windows PC, but plays on Linux. Thanks to the work and effort of developer Dream Powered Games. Available now on Steam.
Skill based, lightning-fast time trial first person shooter, Warstride Challenges, has a Demo for Next Fest. It’s good and playable on Linub via Proton. Which reveals fresh gameplay and an all-new logo, the love child of Doom and Trackmania due to test players to their limits.
Yes, the full release is coming to Linux, but not on day one. You can see the comment for yourself on Steam.
We will port the game to Linux for sure! Our main effort in on windows at the moment, but Linux and Mac will come just after.
Warstride Challenges is developed in Unreal Engine 4. The Demo plays well via Proton, but you will have to experience it for yourself. But do note, this will not be a day one release.
With over 180 frantic challenges in the full game, players participating in the demo can experience 10 of them as they face off against each other’s best scores. Thanks to its instant restarts, ghosts to race against, and leaderboards to smash, Warstride Challenges is a brutal, addictive title that takes no prisoners.
Warstride Challenges – Gameplay overview
Featuring intense and frantic levels filled with demons to gib. There is also a pumping soundtrack and unique powers to shape your way through each area. Warstride Challenges is easy to learn but hard to master. As an async multiplayer title, players can also compete directly against each other. Combined with its nemesis system, you’ll be able to load the ghost of anyone to beat their time. That is if you think you have what it takes to take on the world’s best?
During its open demo period and right through to the Next Fest, players will be able to get to grips with 8 unique levels. Players who complete all 8 will unlock a challenging “long level” to seriously test their skills. While eagle-eyed challengers should keep a lookout for hidden skulls.
Prizes will be up for grabs for the fastest Warstride Challenges players. So anyone who joins the games Discord, submits their feedback on Steam, streams the game, or achieves the best time on the challenger map. Well, you can win a free copy. Participants who manage to reach the ultimate stage after clearing all others and achieve the fastest times. You can also win a bonus prize for yourselves and several friends. You manage to keep the top spot through the Next Fest weekend.
- Bunny hop your way to the finish line in intense levels filled with demons, crazy jumps and traps
- More than 180 challenges to test your skill in Warstride Challenges
- Use slow motion and chain kill multiple enemies while in air
- Shred demons into pieces with the brutal “Shockwave” and “Stomp” (air to ground dash)
- Use your grappling hook to reach new heights and “shotgun kiss” your enemies!
- Learn to do 360°, backflips and front flips during intense runs
- Easy to learn (every FPS player can finish Warstride Challenges – while probably sweating a bit!) but hard to master.
- Async multiplayer game: compete with players from around the world to get the best speedruns!
Nemesis system: load your friend’s or anyone’s ghosts and try to beat their time
- More than 15 hours of gameplay to complete all challenges (not 100% and excluding all bonuses) + unlimited replay value!
- 100% of our beta testers improved their aim and movement skills…honest!
With the first person shooter open demo is available. Would-be speedrunners can Wishlist Warstride Challenges on Steam. Plus you can also learn more about the game over on its official Discord.