inXile Entertainment announced the sequel Wasteland 3. #Revealing details about the new #gameplay mechanics and a whole new setting while along with an upcoming #crowdfundingcampaign. That crowdfunding campaign just went live and inXile have even issued a first look at Wasteland 3 gameplay too.
Wasteland fans are used to crowdfunding, seeing Wasteland 2 was funded supposed through pledges received on Kickstarter. This time, inXile have chosen Fig, asking for $2.75 million in funding. As of this writing, the campaign is off to a fantastic good start, managing to pull in around $1.8 million in a few short hours. Check out the inXile pitch video for the project below:
As for the gameplay, we have a brief look at what is to come, considering that development for Wasteland 3 is still very new. The trailer does sport a few things, including the new winter setting (a frozen Colorado wasteland), the dialogue system, plus a small sampling of combat. There’s is also some rough language in the trailer, so hold off on watching it if you’re at work or around sensitive ears.
Wasteland 3 Features:
- A party-based role-playing game, with a renewed focus on our trademark complex story reactivity and strategic combat.
- By including vehicles, environmental dangers, and a revamped, more fluid action system, we are evolving on Wasteland 2’s deep tactical turn-based combat and unique encounter design.
- Play by yourself or with a friend in story-driven synchronous or asynchronous multiplayer. Choices open up (or close off) mission opportunities, areas to explore, story arcs, and lots of other content.
- Your Ranger Base is a core part of the experience. As you help the local people and establish a reputation in Colorado, quests and narrative will force you to make decisions on how to lead.
- The game will be set in the savage lands of frozen Colorado, where survival is difficult and a happy outcome is never guaranteed. Players will face difficult moral choices and make sacrifices that will change the game world.
- Wasteland 3 will feature a deep and engaging story utilizing a newly-revamped dialog tree system from the celebrated writers of Torment: Tides of Numenera.
- Simultaneously releasing to Windows, Mac, Linux, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
If you’re interested in putting some money toward the development of Wasteland 3, know that inXile is offering a choice of two free games, UnderRail or STASIS, going to everyone who pledges $20 or more within the first 48 hours of the campaign. Some of the reward tiers are already sold out, so you may want to jump on the Wasteland 3 funding train now.