Way of the Passive Fist has a massive content update called New Dawn for Linux, Mac and Windows. The impressive brawler with 100% Positive Reviews, from Household Games (also their debut title).
So this update includes a new rogue-lite survival mode called “Passiverse”. Featuring randomized levels, a new epilogue storyline with five new stages. Also a revamped story mode where the pacing and difficulty curve see an improvement.
Fans who purchased the original game via Steam will immediately receive the New Dawn update for free.
Also to celebrate the release of Way of the Passive Fist: New Dawn, the game is currently 50% off for the annual Steam Summer Sale. Which is available now for players to pick at $7.49 USD via Steam.
In Way of the Passive Fist: New Dawn, a side-scrolling action arcade brawler. Players take on the role of the mysterious Wanderer. Having to master a rare defensive fighting style to outlast enemies. While utilizing parries, deflections, dashes, and dodges.
Since the Wanderer’s foes exhaust themselves to the point that they can then be knocked out and defeated. Simple by a single finger punch.
In addition to the expanded storyline with five new stages and new survival mode “Passiverse,” New Dawn
Features of the content update:
- New music for the New Dawn modes
- New ‘Shadow Warrior’ enemy type added
- A new ‘Robo Clone’ enemy added
- Along with new enemy variations added
- Boss variations added
- Fixed Green Robot hitbox when it misses a grab. Also the throw timing of the double knife-throwing enemy
- Caught projectiles can hit any enemy, not just the enemy that originally threw it
- New Dawn & Passiverse modes save health level between stages and when quitting / resuming
Way of the Passive Fist Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
Story Mode Updates:
- Streamlined Story Mode
- Improved pacing and difficulty curve
- Main Menu visual update
- Loading Screen visual update
- Added ‘Extras’ Menu
- Extras Menu includes new setting: ‘Score Style’
- Credits and Statistics accessible from Extras
- Score Style allows points that emit from the player to be changed to descriptors or emoticons
- End of encounter sequence is faster
- Gold/Silver Rank Up events has been updated so that they are visible when hitting both at once
- Added colored particles on parry, dodge and catch actions
“With the annual Steam Summer Sale in full swing. We are so happy treat our new and future fans with the release of New Dawn. Players who purchased the game earlier this year will receive the new modes for free. And we hope they enjoy the fresh content that aims to improve the overall experience,” says Jason Canam, Founder of Household Games. “New players will get to jump right into the best version of Way of the Passive Fist yet! New Dawn has been a labor of love. And we’re thrilled to deliver even more classic 90’s arcade brawler awesomeness!”
Way of the Passive Fist with it’s massive content update is available with a 50% discount, priced at $7.49% USD. Which also supports Linux, Mac and Windows of course.
Since this deal is only around until July 5th, it’s worth playing.