Wildermyth a new tactical RPG releases on Early Access for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to the daring developers, Worldwalker Games. The games now live and certainly worth playing on Steam and Itch.io.
Wildermythis a character driven, procedurally-generated tactical RPG. Available now on Linux, Mac and Windows PC. While you start with a small band of farmers full of personality. But they also lack in experience. So it’s up to you to turn them into unique, legendary heroes. And the gameplay reminds me of MidBoss. With an art style similar to TinTin.
Your party will defend the Yondering Lands from various threats. Likewise, you will switch between turn based combat. As well as strategic decisions on the overland map.
So that over time, your heroes will uncover the secrets of the land. While you progress through comic strip style events. Presenting your heros with choices in Wildermyth. Changing their appearance, personalities, relationships, and abilities. And victory (or death, whichever comes first) isn’t the end. Heroes go into your “Legacy,” so they can show up in future playthroughs. Over the course of several stories legacy heroes grow into larger than life myths.
Wildermyth Early Access Trailer
- An Imaginative Papercraft World: The Yondering Lands weaves hand painted 2D characters and scenery. All within a 3D world to create a luscious, layered landscape. Also, full of detail and surprises. No orcs, elves, or goblins here. But watch out for the telepathic insect dragons. And the clockwork undead.
- Extreme Character Depth: Each of your Wildermyth heroes has their own unique features. Such as their history, personality, and appearance. Even relationships with the other heroes. All of which can change over the course of the game. While they encounter mysteries and overcome challenges.
- Choices That Matter: A hero may choose to trust the enigmatic wolf god. Leading to a hair raising change in their appearance and combat abilities. Or they may choose whether to pursue a romance with a fellow hero. Giving each of them new advantages when fighting side by side. Encounters and events have permanent, character defining effects. Also, letting you craft the arc of each character.
- A New Approach to Death: Got one shotted by that tentacled horror-bear? Choose to let a hero “fall back” with a maiming. This can open up opportunities for transformation later in Wildermyth</em. While you let them go down in a blaze of glory. Only to be remembered for generations to come.
Combat and Replayability:
- Fresh Tactical Combat: Combat in Wildermyth emphasizes teamwork and careful positioning. Walling and flanking provide conflicting incentives. While interfusion lets you remake the battlefield with explosive magic. Multiple difficulty levels means you can get intense.
- Endless Replayability: Procedural generation gives you new heroes, enemies, and story events. As well as new maps every time you play. Pick and choose from a huge bank of combat abilities. As your heroes level up in each playthrough. Decide whether you prefer offensive or defensive tactics. Also, brute strength and simple stealth. Or fling fire from a nearby lamp into your enemies’ faces.
- Building a Legacy: As time passes, heroes grow old and may retire. Or simply fall in combat. Adding them to a roster of legends allows you to call on them. Doing so in later play through’s and creating a metagame. As you build their mythology and increase the renown of your pantheon.
Wildermyth tactical RPG releases now on Steam Early Access. A purchase via Itch includes a Steam key. Priced at $19.99 USD. Available for Linux, Mac and Windows PC.