Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap action platformer has a huge discount and a new update on Steam for Linux, as well as Mac and Windows. DotEmu, developer and publisher announce the sale and new fixes for Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap.
There are some viable fixes in this update. Check out the list below.
Linux Update Fixes:
- Now fixed a bug where trying to re-add old Steam Library folders to the client would fail. Issuing an error about the filesystem not being mounted with execute permissions
- Resolved a common cause of games getting stuck when bringing up the overlay
- Repaired a problem where trying to resize the client window would sometimes snap back to the original size
- Incorrect/rainbow colors when streaming from the desktop of a machine running recent Mesa, no fixed
- Fixed low resolution in Big Picture mode due to incorrect video memory detection on Mesa
Since I have personally not has such issues playing Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap. Gameplay continues to work well. While the resolution and colors continue to function as expected. Yet it’s great to see Lizardcube addressing community feedback and continuing to update the game.
Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap is a cult classic with a unique blend. Since gameplay mixes exploration, action, and adventure. Cursed into a half-human, half-lizard monstrosity by the Meka-Dragon.
So it’s the players task to search for a cure. The only way you can return to human form is to find the Salamander Cross. A magical item with the power to remove curses…
- Beautiful, hand-drawn animations.
- A re-orchestrated soundtrack.
- Explore large, interconnected locations populated with grumpy monsters and exotic dragons!
- Several characters with their own abilities: Lizard-Man, Mouse-Man, Piranha-Man, Lion-Man and Hawk-Man.
- Play as the game’s classic character, “Wonder Boy”, or as long-awaited co-star “Wonder Girl”.
- 3 difficulty levels catering to players of all types.
- Switch from modern graphics and sound to 8-bit graphics/audio at any time – even during gameplay, thanks to the “Retro Feature”.
- Steam Trading cards
So the critically-acclaimed Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap is available at $9.99 USD with a 50% discount on Steam. This is only running until May 22nd for Linux, Mac and Windows. And if you do not own the game yet, now’s the time.