Since today #WonderBoy: The Dragon’s Trap makes a Linux and Mac debut on Steam. Thanks of course to Ethan Lee for the #games port. We now have the cult classic’s unique blend on more than just #Windows. While including healthy mix of exploration, action and adventure.
Now, since a good curse makes a good game. While turned into a half-human, half-lizard monstrosity by the Meka-Dragon. A lonesome adventurer is facing the challenge of a lifetime. Since he is searching for a cure. Hence this mutated anti-hero will explore the many traps of Monster Land. Defeating many stuff-throwing, curse-wielding dragons.
How many more transformations can one hopeful body survive? Because he can turn into a Lizard, Mouse, Piranha, Lion. As well as a Hawk. Now that’s handy at parties. Yet the six different forms of shape-shifting make up the cast. All within this non-stop action-adventure platformer.
Ported by Ethan Lee (flibitijibibo.com), who brought plenty of games to those systems (FEZ, Flinthook, Bastion, Transistor, Shenzen I/O or Super Hexagon…), the game will be available next week for both Mac and Linux! You can wishlist the game on Steam, and if you already bought it for Windows it will work on your other computer platforms.
Wonder Boy : The Dragon’s Trap Launch Trailer:
Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap Features:
- A huge interconnected world!
- 6 playable forms for our shape-shifting hero, with different abilities!
- Dragons of all kinds! A Zombie Dragon! A Mummy Dragon! A Samurai Dragon!
- An eye-patch wearing shop-keeper pig who may or may not provide a sense of warmth and direction!
- Beautiful, hand-drawn animated graphics!
- A memorable soundtrack, based on Shinichi Sakamoto’s originals, re-imagined and recorded with classical instruments!
- Play as the game’s classic character, Hu-Man, or as his brand-new, long-awaited co-star Hu-Girl.
- Switch from modern graphics and sound to 8-bit graphics/audio at any time – even during gameplay!
- Enjoy 3 difficulty levels catering to players of all types!
- …and more to be announced!
So the long awaited and much requested Soundtrack also arrives today. Available on Steam and Bandcamp. Which is two hours long, a voluptous 89-tracks album. Yet it’s only $4.99. So if you buy or already bought the Steam version, it is $3.99 USD. On Bandcamp it is €5 + pay what you want.