Wytchwood is a crafting adventure game taking place in a land of gothic fables and fairytales. As the old witch of the woods, explore a strange countryside, and collect magic ingredients. Then brew sorcerous spells, and pass judgement upon a quirky cast of characters.
Now that you know the plot, Wytchwood developer Alientrap has announced the launch date, December 9th. So far the platform support simply shows Windows PC. Reaching out to the developer, here is the email reply:
A native Linux port is possible but won’t be ready in time for release – we’ll make sure Proton works though. It’s Unity.
Yeah, so the reply is leaning towards Wytchwood with Proton. While the Linux port is still “possible”, the Unity 3D is not due for a day one release. Looking through the Discussion comments, the developer seems unsure about Linux. Still stating that it’s “possible” but not fully committing to a native build. Despite Proton offering some support, it would be best to keep casting your votes or +1. It’s a Unity game, so porting should be straight forward.
Wytchwood | Release Date Trailer
Wytchwood is a crafting adventure game set in an expressive land of gothic fables and fairytales. As the mysterious old witch of the woods, you will explore a strange countryside. Collecting magical ingredients, brew sorcerous enchantments, and pass your judgement a cast of characters and creatures.
How will they ever learn if you don’t teach them the moral of the Wytchwood story?
- Lovingly rendered storybook art style
- Gather, collect, grow and craft bizarre ingredients: Toxic toadstools, eye of newt, and bottled fear.
- Research and concoct devious spells and sorceries. Turn the greedy into frogs! Trick the wicked with cunning curses!
- Explore an allegorical world of tall tales, uncovering colorful personas and fantastical narratives.
- Use your wit and guile to solve puzzles and best the strange monsters of the forest.