So #TopwareInteractive #released a Linux and Mac beta for X-Blades on Steam. Hence using #Wine as the process to make it easier to run.
While in X-Blades, the player takes on the role of the enchanting heroine Ayumi. Since surviving a breathtaking dance of blades through the Hordes of Darkness. The long-haired beautiful anime, with her pistol blades and mind-blowing leaps. Hence whirling and swirling from one fantastic level to the next.
So this is an anime-style, but not quite like Disgaea 2. The opulent hack n’ slay spectacle for fans of entertaining action games. X-Blades creates a fantastic universe around the attractive heroine, who has to fend off innumerable monsters and imposing boss opponents with her power and tactics. A long list of all sorts of magic spells widens the range of potential forms of attack. Once Ayumi has collected enough experience points, she can activate new skills. The anime-style level design is what really gives X-Blades its special flair. Around 40 magical indoor and outdoor worlds dazzle in an enthralling rhapsody of color. Action and magical effects are impressively incorporated through the use of cinema stylistics such as bullet time or motion blurring.
How to get into the X-Blades Linux beta on Steam:
- Right Mouse Buttom (RMB) on X-Blades in Your game library.
- At the bottom – Properties.
- At the top of the new window – BETAS
- Enter this code – “xbladestestbetalinux” and click “Check Code” for Linux.
- Select the beta “Linux Beta Test“.
- Close window and it should update Your game.
X-Blades hack and slash Features:
- An absorbing fantasy story with 40 spectacular landscapes
- More than 25 types of magic in different classes
- Learn to play easily with 4 difficulty modes AND alternative endings that depend on your actions!
- Innovative Gunblades for long-range and close combat, plus new weapons and new outfits
- RPG elements in the upgrading of skills and weapons, demonic special mode for the heroine (that’s me!)
- Hidden Power-ups and a Stats screen will hook you into exploring all the levels
- Over 30 classes of opponents, plus powerful Boss opponents and an ingenious level design
Since X-Blades is available on Steam and developed for Windows PC, the Wine port is a significant alternative. Despite not being a fan such builds, the game still counts as a Linux title. So another plus one for native gaming.
Try it for yourself, let us know how it works for you in the comments? That includes any draw-backs or failed features that do not work?