XCOM 2 launched over a week ago with #mods #available right away. One features of the game are constant delays in the tactical layer, leaving the camera to linger over nothing in between actions. Now there is a mod for this, called ‘Stop Wasting My Time.’
Those pauses and stutters may not be a result of CPU issues, so the delay between a Sectoid casting ability and the targeted corpse reanimating might be deliberate. This mod removes that, plus the following combat changes:
- Removed 1-3 sec pause after shooting, throwing grenades, abilities, etc.
- Removed 1 sec pause after getting a kill
- Removed 2.75 sec pause after going into cover
- New! Reduced pauses from reanimating corpses and unburrowing chryssalids by 80%
- New! Removed unskippable Bradford voiceovers:
- 1, 3, and 6 turns remaining warnings
- Civilians dying warning
- New! Reduced revealed enemies cinematic time
- Increased unit movement speed by ~10% (Lowered by popular demand – can be reduced back to normal under Options –> Gameplay –> Unit Movement Speed)
- Removed 33% slowdown of enemies not being attacked during overwatch slowmo (enemies being attacked are unaffected)
Also, the Avenger travel is faster on the global map. And the mod could also address some glitches and revise the cover system so it makes better sense, but that is wishful thinking here.
The mod works in Linux and the ‘Stop Wasting My Time’ mod is available through Steam Workshop. Make sure to check out the full list of changes.
What is your experience with the mod?? Does it improve gameplay performance for you?