Feral Interactive just announced the release of XCOM 2: War of the Chosen. Hence the long awaited expansion pack for the award-winning 2016 strategy game XCOM 2. Which is out now ahead of the expected release date for Linux and Mac, right beside Windows. Since we all know the games developed by Firaxis Games and published by 2K. Also available for Windows and and consoles. XCOM 2: War of the Chosen adds a massive amount of content to XCOM 2. Which continues to hold steady with an 86% positive review rating on Steam.
So War of the Chosen brings thrilling new material to the fight against ADVENT. The human enforcers of the alien regime occupying Earth. So when additional resistance factions emerge to eliminate the invaders. A sinister new enemy, the “Chosen”, arises. They have one goal: to recapture the Commander of XCOM. Therefore this expansion includes new Hero classes to counter the “Chosen”. Along with new enemies, missions, even more challenging environments. All while increasing depth in strategic gameplay.
“War of the Chosen adds exciting strategic depth to XCOM 2’s already thrilling campaign,” said David Stephen, Managing Director of Feral Interactive. “In a world where humanity’s last line of resistance is on the run, the arrival of The Chosen pushes XCOM’s technology, tactics and daring to the edge…”
Features for XCOM 2: War of the Chosen include:
- New Factions & Hero Classes: Three additional factions – the Reapers, Skirmishers and Templars – each with its own Hero class;
- The Chosen: A deadly new enemy force that will kidnap, interrogate and kill XCOM’s soldiers. They can even invade the strategy layer and ravage XCOM’s global operations;
- New Alien and Advent Threats: Adopt new tactics to counter a deadly new alien known as the Spectre, the explosive attacks of the ADVENT Purifier, and the psionically charged ADVENT Priest;
- New Environments and Mission Objectives: Players can engage in wide-ranging tactical missions, from abandoned cities devastated by alien bioweapons during the original invasion, to underground tunnels and xenoformed wilderness regions;
- Enhanced Strategy Layer: Manage relations with factions while countering enemy operations from the Avenger;
- Greater Customization & Replayability: Soldiers cultivate bonds with compatible teammates for new abilities and perks, while the SITREP system dynamically adds new modifiers to the tactical layer to make sure every missions provides a unique challenge;
- Challenge Mode: New regular community challenges that rank players on a global leaderboard.
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen is now available on Linux and Mac via Steam and Humble Store. The games expansion is priced at $39.99 USD. Yet much closer to the Windows release than expect. Kudos Feral Interactive.
- OS: Ubuntu 17.04 64-bit or Steam OS 2.121
- Processor: Intel i3-3225 3.3ghz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA 650 (1GB), AMD R9 270 (2GB) or better
- Storage: 78 GB available space
- Additional Notes: Intel GPUs are not supported at time of release. Nvidia requires 381.22 or newer drivers. AMD requires Mesa 17.1.2 (tested)