XCOM 2: War of the Chosen – the Linux release
2K and Firaxis Games just released XCOM 2: War of the Chosen on Windows. Yet the expansion pack to the 2016 award-winning strategy title is coming to Linux and Mac. Hence the recent Twitter post from Feral Interactive:
“Greetings, Commander. We have new intel to report. #Xcom2: War of the Chosen will be released for macOS and Linux this September!”
Since XCOM 2: War of the Chosen does not have an official release date for Linux and Mac. Therefore we’ll have to be patient, apparently. And I’ve seen a few Twitch streams of the game thus far. This indeed a significant expansion indeed.
So XCOM 2: War of the Chosen greatly expands upon the XCOM 2 campaign. Since the ADVENT, in its bid to recapture the Commander. Having now deployed a deadly new enemy force called the “Chosen.” To aid XCOM in its fight to liberate Earth. So players will have access to three new resistance factions. Each with their own Hero class. The expansion also includes other new enemies, missions, environments and increased depth of strategic gameplay.
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen – Launch Trailer:
Features for XCOM 2: War of the Chosen include:
- New Factions & Hero Classes: Three additional factions – the Reapers, Skirmishers and Templars – each with its own Hero class;
- The Chosen: A deadly new enemy force that will kidnap, interrogate and kill XCOM’s soldiers. They can even invade the strategy layer and ravage XCOM’s global operations;
- New Alien and Advent Threats: Adopt new tactics to counter a deadly new alien known as the Spectre, the explosive attacks of the ADVENT Purifier, and the psionically charged ADVENT Priest;
- New Environments and Mission Objectives: Players can engage in wide-ranging tactical missions, from abandoned cities devastated by alien bioweapons during the original invasion, to underground tunnels and xenoformed wilderness regions;
- Enhanced Strategy Layer: Manage relations with factions while countering enemy operations from the Avenger;
- Greater Customization & Replayability: Soldiers cultivate bonds with compatible teammates for new abilities and perks, while the SITREP system dynamically adds new modifiers to the tactical layer to make sure every missions provides a unique challenge;
- Challenge Mode: New regular community challenges that rank players on a global leaderboard.
War of the Chosen include: will release on Linux and Mac thanks to Feral Interactive. So the release put the developer on the spot, hence the release window. Even though this is not the games definitive date, we will have support. Eager gamers can play on Windows (LMAO) via Steam and Humble Store. Yet those who do not own XCOM 2, check out the games 60% discount on Steam for Linux, Mac and Windows as well.