Tag Archives: rpg
Since the early the development news, studio Sandbox Interactive introduces #newgear for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Just added to their #sandbox gaming #MMORPG Albion Online with the latest content update, Galahad. With the player-driven economy of Albion Online, gathering resources is just as big of a part of life as fighting battles. The new Gatherer Equipment allows gatherers access to new gear, complete with helpful spells, to give them a leg up in their foraging endeavours.
Harvesters, lumberjacks, miners, quarriers and skinners can rejoice in the latest news. Their profession-specific four-piece sets grant them major bonuses through passive spells. So the gaming experience has changed, encompassing several basic spells and one unique spell per for every cap, garb and workboots piece. To get their hands on the gear, players must first unlock it through the respective gatherer line on the Destiny Board. Once that’s achieved, the items need to be crafted by Toolmakers. And then it’s off to reap the rewards of the Gatherer Equipment. So whether you want to get fiber, wood, ore, stone or animal hide, the best advice is to get your hands on the new gear. Especially since the visuals of the gears will be updating soon. Making the sets not just valuable in terms of bonuses, but also make the wearer stand out from the crowd.
For more details on the new Gatherer Equipment, please go here.
So each set consists of four items: a Cap, Garb, Workboots and Backpack. These items are unlocked through the gatherer line on the Destiny Board. For example: to unlock the Tier 5 Lumberjack set you will need to unlock the Expert (Tier 5) Lumberjack node.
The gear of course also needs to be crafted, which can be done by Toolmakers. The Cap, Garb and Workboots are found under the Armor tab and Backpacks under the Accessories tab.
The Backpack, which goes into the cape slot, has a passive ability which reduces the weight of its respective resource by a smashing 50%. You will be able to carry more resources than ever before!
What is Albion Online?
Albion Online is a sandbox MMORPG from Sandbox Interactive for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Created in Unity3d and set in the medieval fantasy world of Albion. So no matter what your gaming style is, playing a hardened fighter, a farmer, a merchant or a master craftsman. Since we released news about this player-driven world, every single weapon and building has been created by the players.
Thanks to a “you are what you wear” system free of typical class restrictions. Gaming can change, so a skilled archer can instantly become a powerful mage. So the players define their own role within the game world. PvE, PvP or the battle guild vs guild, every action in the game has a meaning … as well as consequences. PvP battles in the danger zones of the game world are a “winner takes all” affair. Albion Online is the first PC game to enable the exact same experience on tablets.
So if you’re looking at getting into Albion Online on Linux, do check out the Founder packs. It’s worth if you’re looking to get more than just gaming, but crafting and gathering resources.
Kalypso Media is thrilled to #announce that Vikings – Wolves of Midgard. Hence this new action RPG is #available to #purchase now on Steam (Windows PC). While this does not apply to Linux just yet, we are keen to share the release in gaming news.
Sharpen your axe, make your blood sacrifice to your deity. So prepare to embark on an epic and brutal adventure as you journey to the Shores of Midgard. Hence a world based on the mythology and bloody history of the Vikings. Take on the endless evil forces by becoming either a Viking warrior or shield maiden.
Master several weapon styles and magical abilities as you battle increasingly challenging enemies and boss encounters. While combat styles include sword and shield, two-handed hammer, staff, bow and dual-wield axes. Since collecting resources and special runes on your adventures you’ll be able to use the game’s in-depth crafting system to upgrade your equipment. Dedicated explorers will also be able to find legendary weapons and armors. As well as Artifact weapons tucked away in each of the levels to release the most powerful gear in the game. Alongside items and materials, the other key resource you’ll be harvesting is blood. Since it is used to level up and earn Gift points, which in turn unlock special powers called ‘Gifts of the Gods’.
To celebrate the launch of Vikings – Wolves of Midgard. Kalypso has prepared a short featurette video showing some of the brutal combat. Since this key news, highlighting epic boss battles players encounter in gaming, on the journey to stop Ragnarok. Including the coming release Linux.
About Vikings – Wolves of Midgard:
Vikings – Wolves of Midgard will transport you to the Shores of Midgard. A world based on the mythology and history of the Vikings. Battle the fearsome Jotan, hordes of terrifying undead monstrosities and other myriad beasts of Ragnarok. Either on your own or by teaming up with a friend via the online co-op multiplayer mode. Master mighty weapons, including sword and shield, two-handed hammers, dual-wielded axes and swift bows. Earn blood in battle to offer in tribute to the Gods in order to acquire and enhance devastating Spell Powers and other special unlockables. As well as the regular story mode (and New Game+), players can also test their mettle in the ‘Trials of the Gods’ – a special challenge mode that rewards the best warriors with special equipment and runes.
Features of Vikings – Wolves of Midgard:
- Fantasy Meets Nordic Mythology: Travel the realms of earthly Midgard, freezing Niflheim and boiling Balheim, either as a fierce Viking warrior or merciless shieldmaiden.
- The Deadly Fimbulwinter: Withstand the deathly colds and protect yourself from exposure to nature’s wrath in order to survive.
- Tribute to the Gods: Collect blood from fallen enemies and sacrifice it at the altar to gain gifts from the Gods to enhance your powers.
- Berserker Rage: Let your anger take hold by activating Rage Mode to overwhelm your enemies in bloodthirsty combat.
- The art of combat: Perfect your skills with each weapon to unlock their true potential, including swords, bows and spell-powered canes.
- The Power of the Gods: Make the abilities of the Gods your own by equipping power-infused amulets, like the Talismans of Thor or Loki. Put your new skills to the test by competing in the Trials of the Gods to earn further rewards.
- Teamwork: Team up with a friend and journey to the Shores of Midgard. Together in an epic two-player online co-op mode. Choose between four difficulty levels to suit your skills and talents. Do you dare attempt the unrelenting hardcore mode?
- The Clan of Wolves: Restore and rebuild your village and lead your clan to glory. Upgrade buildings such as weaponsmith, armorer, runesmith, and mead hall to release more content and better equipment.
- Legendary Weapons: Gather the scattered fragments of mythical weapons and armors to take on the most fearsome creatures of the realms.
- A Class of its Own: Become even more powerful in the next life by attempting New Game+, and push your Viking warrior or shieldmaiden to their limit.
- Destructible Environments: Utilize your surroundings by burying your foes under falling rocks or pushing them off high cliffs.
Vikings – Wolves of Midgard is available today globally on Steam (Windows PC*). And yes, the Linux and Mac builds will follow, no official release date has been issued.
The latest gaming news, Sunburned Games. Their Early Access game, The Great Whale Road will be making a full release on Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Hence the story driven #RPG and #turnbased #tactics plus historical fiction game will launch, March 30th.
The big gaming news, The Great Whale Road release will include the complete storyline for the Danes of Úlfarrsted. So this story, plus the seasonal events, side quests, resource management and tactical turn-based combat will be included. Hence the result of two years of work, including eight months of Early Access community feedback. Sunburned Games thanks the community, their team, and their families.
Set in the Early Middle Ages, the game revives an ancient world through its digitally hand-drawn art, colourful characters, atmospheric soundtrack, and deeply researched lore.
- Playable storyline for the Danes from Úlfarrsted, a village on a small North Sea island just off the coast from the Danish-Saxon borderland.
- Chapter 1 and 2 of a story-driven campaign along the Danish, Saxon, Frisian and Frankish coast.
- Character missions for your chosen warriors.
- Four combat classes and associated warcry cards.
- Land and sea combat environments.
- Equip your characters with weapons and armour sets.
- A dynamic event system which covers all areas of medieval life from farming to family feuds.
- Mac and Linux versions.
- Chapters 3 and 4 of the Danish story.
- More character quests.
- Playable storylines for other cultures: Franks and Frisians.
- A smarter and harder AI.
- Character progression and ship upgrades.
- More content: characters, warcries, missions, rumours and events.
So going forward, Sunburned Games will release two storylines. Both based on two separate cultures: the Franks and the Frisians. Therefore players can look forward to this additional narrative content. Which will be added to the game in two free updates before the summer.
The March release finishes the Danish story and completes the core feature set of the game. This also includes improvements to combat and resource management, adding new mechanics for deeper gameplay.
The Great Whale Road story driven RPG will launch on Steam for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. No word yet on a launch day discount. So here’s hoping.
So we launched gaming news about a month back regarding The Exiled in Early Access release. Since this time, developer Fairytale Distillery have been keeping up with #playerfeedback. So now they are launching the first #majorupdate for the game, hence #Season2 and Update 1.1 for Linux, Mac and Windows PC.
Therefore, The Exiled Season 2 starts now. Since this season comes with a host of brand new game worlds (modified world map). Plus a ton of game features in this update.
The Exiled new Features:
- Party System: You can now form parties with other players you meet in the game. That means you can share XP and see each other on the world map without having to be in the same clan (or any clan). Party members will also (like clan members) be preferred target for support abilities like heals.
- Diplomacy System: Clan leaders and managers can now add other clans to a “friend” and “enemy” lists. Clan members will then see those friend and enemy tags and be able to easily recognize your clan’s status with another clan. These tags are NOT visible to anyone outside of your clan. They are one-directional (the other clan can choose a different status for you).
- The Healer: Added the Healer (Cloth) armor class to the game with lots of new abilities. The healer is still work-in-progress and will be balanced based on your feedback. It comes with a new ability type – links – that should open a lot more gameplay options for team-players who like a supportive playstyle.
- Added a “camera lock” option to the control menu (J) that centers the camera on your character, disregarding mouse movement.
- Fixed a bug that showed the “error 418” popup unnecessarily often to some players.
- Major performance improvement: There are no more lag spikes when large numbers of mobs spawn at the same time.
- Major performance improvement: Massively reduced the base load of the game servers, leading to a smoother experience.
- Fixed some holes in the environment colliders that separate world map areas from each other.
- Meteorites and carcasses do not spawn outside of the game world anymore.
Hence this bit of gaming news, get into The Exiled Season 2. Available to play Free on Early Access for Linux, Mac and Windows PC.
The latest gaming news, independent Developer #LiberPrimus Games launched Narborion Saga on Steam. Hence the epic #darkfantasy #adventure title is now on Steam, but not for Linux, yet. We issued a post last month highlighting the gameplay and what is yet to come in the release. Since we are also asking for your support to see a Linux port for Narborion Saga via Steam Discussions. Developer Dan from Liber Primus even commented on the post. Confirming, with enough community demand, a native port will be available.
Since gameplay brings together an adventurous mix of gamebook style narrative with in-depth branching storylines. While also including tactical combat and rogue-like dungeoneering, hence Narborion Saga. Which brings the RPG story to life with arena battles and PvP combat. Providing an engaging RPG fantasy experience.
“We are keen to release Narborion Saga on Steam. Providing RPG fans with a game that not only combines narrative. Yet does so with rogue-like RPG gameplay”, said Dénes Csiszár, Producer and Co-Founder of Liber Primus Games. “The complexity and replayability of the game should appeal to savvy PC players and RPG fantasy fans. Since each playthrough brings something new to the experience”.
The Narborion Saga for Steam combines three main RPG quests. Where players have the opportunity to develop character abilities. Learning new spells as well as dueling in Player VS Player combat. The gameplay is cut down into small episodes and placed as locations on the game map. To reach the episodes, players move their character on an overland map. As well as on several smaller (swamp, city, and dark forest) maps. Once there’s something to do or discover. Characters leave the map and enter a gamebook-styled narrative section to complete their quest.
Players will command the fate of the story’s hero through dynamic non-linear storytelling and rogue-like dungeon exploration. So the tale begins with a quest to find and rebuild the chapel of a long-forgotten Goddess. Then defeat the Master Vampire, Lord Malbor, agent of the God of Death and Magic. While the second quest, The God of Orcs, players will need to delve deep into the forces of darkness. Uncover a conspiracy of leadership with the mysterious new god of orcs. The third quest, The Swamp of a Thousand Paths tests players even further. Hence an adventure to the Coastless Lake to destroy an ancient Wyrm in search of important artifacts.
Narborion Saga is an impressive RPG game now on Steam. While we do no have official Linux gaming news for the release. So just jump onto the Discussion and upvote Linux.