Since the first Pinokl Games #release for Party Hard has some great review. Hence now the #sequel 2015’s #stealth strategy hit Party Hard 2 has a playable Alpha. And did I mention it’s free for everyone to play?
Just make note, the Alpha is available on Mac and Windows. So no Linux gaming yet, hence the full release.
Party Hard 2 Announcement Trailer:
So Party Hard 2 is in developement using a new engine (Unity 3D). Which means cross-platform support with changes:
- 3D Environments with physics
- Real-time shading
- 2D Characters blend into the world with 3D meshes for unique depth effects
Since these changes open up brand new gameplay possibilities. Such as explosions in a unique visual style. Hence Pinokl Games and tinyBuid are really keen to show off how it plays.
So this Alpha 1 gameplay shows players some of the new mechanics. All of which is currently in development for Party Hard 2.
- Players are no longer required to kill all targets at the party. Instead, there are pre-determined targets. Stealthy players will want to hide bodies while gaming. Hence beating the level perfectly without creating notice.
- The new Party Vision ability is the big news. This allows players to see interactive objects within the scene.
- Insta-Kill a rechargable ability. While instantly taking out multiple targets in a small area.
- Players will be able to carry up to 3 extra items. So this is in addition to the knife. For example, you can carry a gas canister onto the dance-floors and light it up.
tinybuild are giving away 10 Pre-Order Keys for Party Hard 2. For a chance to win, simply:
So this is some significant news. Since the good folks at tinyBuild are allowing everyone to play Party Hard 2. Hence the freely available Alpha with one level of gameplay. It is only playable on Mac and Windows, no Linux yet. Yet we will see Linux support with the full release coming this summer.
Right now in gaming news, the #FPS rogue-lite Immortal Redneck #launches on Steam. Hence the game that mixes old-school #shooter style gaming for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. While also including plenty of action with rogue-lite mechanics. So frantic gameplay, twitch controls and an arcade-style feel meet procedural dungeons. Loaded with a complete skill tree, perma-death and 9 classes with different traits.
So gaming revolves around a redneck tourist. Hence waking up mummified in ancient Egypt after an accident. Why is he here? How did he survive the accident? And why the hell is he mummified?
This answer lies within the three danger-filled pyramids of Giza. Which is of course protected by an army of monsters and huge bosses. Obviously, the players mission is to get inside the pyramids. Wait for the big news…kill all the enemies. Since you still have no idea what’s going on.
- RogueLite mechanics: procedurally generated dungeons, classes and skills. Permanent death as well, but with gameplay progression
- Nine playable classes: all with different skill sets. Players can switch classes between each play through. Selecting the one most suitable for their current run
- Complete skill tree: evolve your character, buying equipment and weapons, upgrading and acquiring new skills
- History Mode: single player game mode. Clear all the pyramids in order to complete the game.
- Twitch Quest: special mode for streamers integrated with the Twitch API
- Over 50 different weapons: traditional firearms, magical, mythological, futuristic or just plain weird weapons including a Potato Launcher. You name it, this game has it.
- Over 100 scroll modifiers: Each scroll picked up in-game changes your current run, for good. So convert your enemies in to chickens or for bad (reduces your speed of movement) and everything in between!
- Huge bosses: two in each pyramid
- Merchant: Buy equipment and supplies that will be maintained between different games, even when you die
- Skill Rooms: hone your skills in rooms focused on platforming and avoiding a variety of traps
So Immortal Redneck now officially launches on Steam for Linux. Also, available for Mac and Windows PC.
Hence the story takes place in a world forgotten by time and space. Emerging out of the gloom and reaching out to be explored. Where player can unravel its secrets and see beneath the beautiful surface. Waiting with adventures, inspiring landscapes, the thoughts of another dimension. While also having a secret about the truth of Essence.
So players wake up with no memory, information or detail about your life. Including no details about the world you are in.
Therefore in order remember your abilities, they hidden in ancient structures. All while challenging your mind with unusual puzzles.
So wonder freely through these lands and beyond to find yourself. Discover the truth, the past and the future of places.
Since this all sounds all rather spiritual, developer OneVision Games ran into an issue. Hence the Linux build was delayed, “We will have a working build on Steam by next week.”
Essence Early Access Trailer:
So obviously gaming is about exploring the different worlds of Essence. All while collecting lost fragments of the world as well as discovering secret places and mysterious messages. Which also means solving puzzles and learning new abilities to take on hidden paths. So the further you go the more you interact with the world and its surroundings.
The gaming experience has a narration. While combining messages from different characters and diverse storytelling. By uncovering all these places and messages, the player uncovers an interwoven conclusion to the story.
So according to our email from OneVision Games, “Generally Essence will be launched in 3 big acts. So Steam purchases will allow you can play all 3 acts of Essence once they are available.”
Essence is full of wonder all it’s own. Available now on Steam Early Access for Mac and Windows PC. Hence the Linux release, as stated above is coming next week. We should have more news for you shortly.
Developer Huge Calf are making gaming news. Hence working on a #physics puzzle game, Carried Away. Currently in development for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Where the player constructs #chairlifts, drag lifts, gondolas, #jumps and bridges. All to help skiers and mountain bikers navigate different mountain terrain. So if you’re a skier, snowboarder or mountain biker, you will be inspired. Since the gaming experience itself takes influence from classic bridge building titles. All using tension and compression created by cable systems. So gaming takes the avid qualities of bridge building games. Then flips it all upside down to create entirely new physics puzzles.
Although, from a snowboarding perspective. The last thing one wants is to have to worry about a lift coming down. So gaming is taken with a grain of salt here. But the whole concept does capture the interest.
Since Carried Away will bring equal measures of success and failure. Where players attempts to build strong structures with a limited budget. Creating tense moments followed by a few laughs. Set in a colourful, low-poly world. Therefore Carried Away provides the tools to create your own engineering puzzles. Then once you have learned the ropes in the campaign. Challenge friends and the community, sharing your creations and replays online.
- Original physics challenges
- Classic physics challenges
- More than 50 levels
- Varied campaign
- Sandbox mode including procedural mountain generation
- In-game level builder
- Online gallery and workshop
“We have been having so much fun working on this game and when we’re ready to share this with you, we will be opening the doors to early access users. During Early Access, the game will still be packed with features and puzzles, but we will be welcoming and acting on community feedback to make the game even better.”
So the big news, Carried Away will be coming to Early Access first. Hence a better means of shaping the game into something more viable. Which is smart, seeing we can expect to see Linux, Mac and Windows PC support. Yet even better, the physics puzzle games’s Early Access price will set at $9.99 USD, and the final build at $14.99 USD.
However, in order for Carried Away to get on Steam, they need that community support on Greenlight.
Right now in #gaming news, a modern shoot’em up Pawarumi all set in a #retro futuristic sci-fi pre-Columbian universe. Hence currently close to the crowdfunding goal on #Kickstarter for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Where players take control of the almighty ship Chukaru. All using its three unique weapons. So players will have to shoot wisely to either do double damage, heal yourself or use a Super Attack.
While the bigger news, the game is inspired by the classics on the Dreamcast. Developer Manufacture 43 team is now modernizing the genre. Keeping true to games like Ikaruga or Zero Gunner.
So gaming is like a super rock-paper-scissors:
- CRUSH to inflict double damage.
- BOOST to heal your shield while also making your opponents more agressive.
- DRAIN to charge your Super Attack! It will wipe the screen of most of your opponents.
Therefore mastering these three mechanics will be key to success in Pawarumi. While scores are based on 3 types of points : destruction, damage and combo. Since each one is tied to one of the trinity mechanics. Players take advantage of all three mechanics throughout gaming to land on top of the leaderboard.
“As we are going to release for PC Mac and Linux first. We are currently doing everything possible to release on console as well.”
- Unique Artistic Direction: Set in a remarkable pre-columbian inspired sci-fi universe. Served by 3D graphics that give opportunity for glorious cinematic staging!
- Five Unique Levels: Happening in different parts of the world. Inspired by classics from the 90’s and 2000’s pop culture. Hence Indiana Jones, James Bond, Stargate…
- Crafted for replayability: Each level has a particular gameplay that will slightly change the way you look at gaming. Study every possible option to reach the end of the game your own way!
- Trinity Game Mechanic: Three fused mechanics that enable infinite strategies!
- Weapon Mastery Scoring System: never letting the scorers down, every run will get the score growing towards the top of the leaderboard!
- Dynamic Layered Music: Awesome Electro Metal Peruvian soundtrack carefully crafted by our man Grégory Desmurs. You can be sure that you never heard anything like this! And depending on how well you play, the game music will change accordingly to the situation.
So Pawarumi is currently close to hitting the funding goal on Kickstarter. While we can expect a release on Linux, Mac and Windows PC.