There seems to be a hidden code in this message. Can you find it?
You are to guide a child through a mysterious world on a mission to restore its long-dead sun.
…Of course, things are never that simple.
The world knows you exist.
The consequences are real.
Saving the world may be impossible.
OneShot launches with the following Features:
- Puzzle adventure game elements that go beyond the game window
- A world that already knows you exist
- A diverse cast of eccentric characters
- A haunting, original soundtrack
- Retro pixel art
- Real consequences
Therefore puzzles and meta game await you in the world of OneShot. Launching now on Steam for Linux, Mac and Windows PC.
you only have one shot.
In the wake of political developments during the summer of 2016 and the events that followed, Britain found itself increasingly isolated from global society. Frustrated by the demise of this once great nation Her Majesty the Queen concluded that the elected representatives at Westminster were no longer fit to govern her United Kingdom.
Having dissolved parliament, while returning the United Kingdom to an autocratic government. Therefore improvements were immediate and wide ranging. However, ever the pragmatist, Her Majesty concluded that. Due to the complications Britain was facing returning to a position of power on earth, perhaps it was time to focus her attention elsewhere…
As a result of establishing S.P.I.F.F.I.N.G. (Special Planetary Investigative Force For Inhabiting New Galaxies) Her Majesty has turned to the stars in a bid to establish a new, Galactic British Empire!
Her Majesty’s SPIFFING Features:
- A very amusing story featuring characters with excellent diction.
- Beautifully rendered, stylised 3D graphics.
- Classic adventure gameplay with modern, intuitive controls.
- Satisfying puzzles.
- Serves as a cultural introduction to the tea drinking habits of citizens of the United Kingdom.
Assuming command of the near futuristic space ship HMSS Imperialise and her crew (distinguished veteran and gentleman Captain Frank Lee English and Aled, his mild mannered South Walean colleague) YOU will venture into the cosmos, solving puzzles, engaging in witty banter, deal with crippling claustrophobia, gradually succumb to the sustained exposure of cosmic radiation and so on, all for Queen and Country. Heck, along the way, you may stumble into a few other folks venturing about the cosmos with their own intergalactic aspirations… *SPOILERS FOLLOW* You will stumble into a few other folks venturing about the cosmos with their own intergalactic aspirations.
Heck, along the way, you may stumble into a few other folks venturing about the cosmos with their own intergalactic aspirations…
Her Majesty’s SPIFFING is available now on Steam for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Complete with a 10% discount until December 14th.
- OS: Ubuntu Equivalent Distro
- Processor: Dual-Core 1.6 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT or equivalent
- Storage: 4 GB available space
Stompy Bot Productions just #confirmed that its award-winning Heavy Gear Assault. Due to #release via Early Access on December 15, 2016. Therefore it will be available for #Linux and Windows PC. Developed by MekTek Studios. Heavy Gear Assault is a metal-grinding, heart-pounding, combination of fast-paced mech warfare. While being fuelled by corporate sponsors, on a distant alien planet known as Terra Nova.
Heavy Gear Assault coming to Early Access, watch the trailer:
The first mech sim built in Unreal Engine 4. Heavy Gear Assault has set a new benchmark for the mech gaming scene. As a result, a game made by and for true mech fans. The same fans behind the critically acclaimed MechWarrior4 MekPaks. Now bring the return of the cult mech franchise Heavy Gear. Which began life as a tactical tabletop wargame and role-playing game in 1994. Hence spawning an animated series and two video game incarnations, Heavy Gear (1997) and Heavy Gear II (1999).
The Steam release of Heavy Gear Assault is a video gaming David & Goliath tale for developer MekTek Studios and publisher Stompy Bot, who originally looked to Kickstarter to fund its ambitious project back in 2013. Having to cancel the campaign when it was clear the project would not be successful. While remaining undeterred, beating the odds and finding support from loyal game fans, angel investors, and capital markets.
Vince McMullin, CEO and Producer, Stompy Bot, said:
“ Heavy Gear Assault found great support through our communities who shared their love and passion for the Heavy Gear franchise. Stompy Bot’s independence has enabled us to deliver an outstanding game, which is still closer to the characteristics of the mech genre than anyone has offered before. However, we’re not resting on our laurels and will continue our relationship with the community during Early Access, as we want their feedback as we roll out new features.”
Joe Kreiner, Epic Games’ head of Unreal Engine licensing for the Americas, said:
“As one of the first mech sims built with Unreal Engine 4, it’s great to see Heavy Gear ® Assault make its way into players’ hands. This shows how a small team can use our tools to get ahead, realize their vision and ship a fun game.”
Consequently, this is no Steam page available for Heavy Gear Assault. So stay tuned.
Why does this matter?
While Butcher is a fast-pace 2D shooter and a blood-soaked love letter to the cults classics of the genre. Up till now it could only be completed by (ultra-)hardcore players possessing unlimited amounts of patience (and a steady supply of new keyboards). However, the studio has responded to the community’s requests by creating a special DLC with a real EASY mode.
The game has also received several updates since its release in October, including a patch introducing improved gamepad support and speedrun leaderboards.
W.I.M.P DLC for Butcher Features:
- Ultra-violent uncompromising carnage in the spirit of Doom and Quake (chainsaw included)
- Skill-based gameplay mechanics
- Release your inner artist, paint the walls with (permanent) blood
- Use the environment (saws, lava pits, animals and other) to brutally dispose of your enemies
- Choose from an array of weapons (featuring classics like chainsaw, railgun and the deadly grenade launcher)
- Adorn more than 20 levels with the insides of your enemies
- Soak in the dark atmosphere reinforced by a wicked, heavy soundtrack (while you kick corpses around)
- Die painfully: melt in lava, become piranha food, get annihilated by heavy doors… and more!
W.I.M.P DLC for Butcher is available HERE.
Butcher is available on Steam for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. As a result of this news DLC, the game is available with a 20% discount until December 9th.
With all the holiday hubbub, know that Thimbleweed Park is #ontrack for a Q1 2017 release — probably February or March. Hey, that’s pretty soon! The initial #launch will be on Linux, Mac, Windows PC, Xbox One, with iOS and Android following a few months later.
Why does this Thimbleweed Park news matter?
- New screenshots: Thimbleweed Park is a deceptively big game. The stuff being revealed so far is only the tip of the iceberg. And because it’s so big, today Terrible Toybox are releasing some brand new views of this oddball town below.
- Code lock & voice recording: When Terrible Toybox say Thimbleweed Park‘s almost done, they mean it. The puzzle challenges are in, the text is complete, the bugs are (mostly) caught up. For the rest of this month Ron will be in the voice studio while the illustrious cast records 16,000 lines. 16,000! That’s a lot of lines! Details of these milestones (and many more) are available on the dev blog.
So what the heck is Thimbleweed Park?
Oh, so you don’t have Thimbleweed Park on your radar? Sure, that’s cool. Terrible Toybox won’t take it personally. Here’s what you need to know:
A small town nestled in the shadow of an abandoned pillow factory. A corpse pixelating in the river. Two federal agents with ulterior motives. The case seems open and shut until you start peeling back the layers and realize that in a town like this, a dead body is the least of your problems.
This is not Thimbleweed Park‘s first mysterious death. The sheriff, the foul-mouthed clown, the guy dressed up like a giant slice of pizza — everyone in town has something to hide, including all five(!) playable characters. How do you get to the bottom of a mystery this big? For starters, you’ll have to put on your thinking cap, because nothing in the game is as simple as “use gas can on chainsaw.”
Thimbleweed Park is a dark comedy/mystery adventure from Ron Gilbert and Gary Winnick, the guys who basically invented graphic adventure games with LucasFilm’s Maniac Mansion. They still love point & click, and they want to remind you why you love it, too — or why you should start! No matter what you think Thimbleweed Park is at first glance, Terrible Toybox guarantee it’s not what you’re expecting.
Thimbleweed Park is so close you can smell it. And if it’s not one of your most anticipated games of 2017 yet, it should be.