Tag Archives: unity
If you follow gaming news, you will know about the new and unique 3D #RPG #multiplayer #sandbox MyWorld. Since the game is created by The Game Creators, who just released an update. Now due not that the Linux release is not available yet. However this is as Unity 3D game and should work in Wine.
So now the developers are adding a massive 950+ Loot Fest. While not including rings, weapons and armour sets. Giving players a chance to grab drops from killing enemies in any world you are adventuring. Since this this also guarantees loot drops from bosses. Plus inventory for storing loot and checking hero/items stats.
We are looking into porting MyWorld to Linux and hope to carry out this development once our current Early-Access release is completed.
How long will MyWorld be in Early Access?
“We’ll develop and refine the product for another 9 months or so before a final full release. The timing will be determined by the player feedback we receive as we work alongside our early adopting community.”
Dave Milton, Lead Developer on MyWorld, said today, “There are now 13 levels of difficulty from Evergreen to Demon Blight 5. Set from your inventory when inside the hub world. All 967 items can be found in each of the 13 levels. So we actually have just added 12,571 items. Plus, our 5 knights, including the infamous ‘Bucket Man’. Now having names and a great mix of abilities and strengths.”
So this latest news update to MyWorld brings big improvements. Yet follows the addition of combat two weeks ago and the ongoing addition of loads of gaming content.
Released on Steam Early Access. MyWorld has been described by users as “It’s like RPG maker, but with 3D graphics, better gameplay. And you don’t have to be a nuclear physicist to make a good story and game” and “An excellent framework for beginners, MyWorld is like Minecraft for game design”.
The latest #release in gaming news, Pinstripe. The emotionally charged #story adventure from #AtmosGames for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Hence a game about Hell, created entirely by a one-man over five years. Yes this even includes the music for the game.
While the player takes on the roll of Teddy. The estranged ex-minister, forced to venture through the frozen afterlife. Hence searching for Bo, his three year old daughter and her perverse kidnapper. So the player will get to discover the dark secrets of Teddy’s past. While also confronting his sleazy, demonic nemesis, Mr. Pinstripe.
- Explore 6 hauntingly beautiful levels of Hell.
- Listen to an immersive and unique soundtrack written by the game’s creator.
- Use your blunderbuss to fight your way through bizarre beasts and interesting puzzles.
- Hang out with your family pet George and sniff out clues.
- Discover the mystery behind Teddy and Bo’s death.
- Features a hilarious cast of professional voice actors and celebrity cameo performances!
So Atmos Games is Thomas Brush, the creator of Pinstripe. Also the award winning games Coma and Skinny. While now revealing an amazing art style, breath-taking score, and chilling story. Using influences from The Nightmare Before Christmas, Coraline, and Alice in Wonderland.
Pinstripe was successfully Kickstarted back in 2016. Hence being backed by nearly 4000 backers expecting the Linux, Mac and Windows PC release in early 2017.
Pinstripe the debut is finally available on Linux, Mac and Windows PC. So Thomas Brush is making gaming news releasing creation on time via Steam, Humble Store and GOG with a 10% discount. Yet the discount only lasts until May 1st.
Right now in gaming news, Fort Triumph tactical #RPG has made a crowdfunding debut on #Kickstarter. Hence a game described as “Fantasy XCOM” for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. A mix of sophisticated #tactical combat with RPG influences. So this includes character customization, equipment, inventory and the right amount of tabletop. Well worth taking a look into, with a free Demo. Read on…
So is all RPG’s there is adventure, choices and consequences. Therefore viewing campaign map or in the midst of battle. Players will have to make informed decisions that affect how gaming is carried out. So pay attention to certain events and neglect others. Such as risking the death of an experienced hero or sacrifice peasants instead. Fort Triumph is designed to test your judgement and avoid danger.
Developer Fort Triumph Team believe in DRM-Free products and involving the community. So the news that this game will be released on Steam Early Access this summer for Windows PC is impressive. Follow by Linux and Mac, then consoles.
Fort Triump Demo
Fort Triumph is filled with all sorts of terrain, locations and places of interest. So players will battle in mighty castles and ruined outposts. Traversing thick forests and raging rivers. Even exploring crypts, caves, snowy mountains in the tactical RPG.
Settlements like towns and taverns will provide rest to your parties. Then gather strength, hire mercenaries, buy and sell equipment and also get drunk.
Since replayability plays a big part in the gaming experience. Fort Triumph will have multiple storylines to tell the many tales and happenings. So the fantasy, lore, insight, setting, all keep the gaming experience fresh.
Battle with your squad against swarms of enemies on a tile based map. Hence the combat aspect of Fort Triumph relies on your ability to outwit enemies. While using the environment, sharp tactical senses and smart use of the abilities. Such as dropping a pillar on the enemy.
- Destructible Cover – objects on the map can provide cover, be destroyed, or manipulated. Take caution where you place your heroes since the same rules apply to you.
- Dynamic Environment – Push, pull and topple objects, kick enemies into each other or against walls. Drown them in deep waters, or even manipulate large objects to create new passageways.
- Permadeath – In most fantasy stories the heroes always overcome. Well, this isn’t this kind of story. In the heat of battle there are no second chances. If a hero dies, there is no turning back.
- Various Mission Goals – Not all battles are the same. The various goals may include assassinations, artifact hunts, rescue and defensive missions, ambushes, and more.
Fort Triumph Team plans to make each run relatively short. Yet both fun and unique across Linux, Mac and Windows PC.
The locales and areas on the campaign map are random. So the routes and quests are always different. The battlefields are also random. Players will never know for sure where the enemies will come from. Or where to find the hidden treasures on the map for the tactical RPG.
The fantasy of Fort Triumph is filled with magic and ruthlessness, thus a group of specially trained combatants is needed to succeed in this unforgiving world.
- Mage – Schooled in the arts of the arcane, the Mages are powerful and dangerous.
Able to manipulate the elements of the earth and perform highly effective spells from a safe distance, this group of mystics are as power-hungry as they are wise.
- Paladin – A beacon of stability in a chaos-wreathed world.
These heroic soldiers inspire courage in an ally and fear in the heart of a foe. The Paladin is a holy warrior, capable of dealing massive blows and absorb the heat in the frontlines of battle.
- Ranger – Hawks of the ground. These rogues with their extraordinary vision are deadly from afar as they are from the shadows. Rangers are naturally adept at traversing difficult terrains and getting in the most difficult areas to flank their quarry unseen.
- Savage – Your friendly neighborhood cannibal! These guys are warm hearted and warm-blooded altogether. With a short temper and fetish for death and bones, the Savages will tear to pieces whoever dares to face them, with nothing but their bare hands.
In Fort Triumph, no two heroes are the same. Each will have their own personality and will react differently to certain events. The uniqueness of the characters, their opinions and behavior. Hence what gives grace to the adventure.
As expected from a hardcore D&D game, the world is rich with all sorts of monsters, and each class of monsters have their own hierarchy of combatants; goblin shamans, boar riders, cackling skeletons and more.
The tactical RPG Fort Triumph is looking for Kickstarter support for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. And if you have yet to try the Free Demo, do so it’s worth playing.
Stay tuned for more news.
By now the whole #zombiesurvival genre is overdone. Well that’s not quite the case in this bit of gaming news. Hence Dead Man’s Trail is a zombie survival #game coming to Linux, Mac and Windows PC via #Greenlight. Yet this is more of the classic travel survival game with some new twists. Since the game recreates the drama of modern zombie fiction. Hence making team members core to the player’s travel progress. Due to randomly generated cross-country journeys.
Here’s the deal:
While each character has their own job to help the party along the way. This includes a firearm expert, melee expert, paramedic, mechanic, and more. You get the idea.
However, all of these characters must be kept happy and healthy. So search through the randomly placed obstacles while gaming. Sort of like the emotional rollercoaster of Darkest Dungeon or even Rimworld. All while looting supplies in the procedurally-generated 3D environments. Therefore in each journey the player takes in Dead Man’s Trail, creates a highly replayable undead drama.
Dead Man’s Trail Features
- Choose your vehicle: the nimble 4-Wheel Rocket, the balanced Grave Digger school bus. Or the powerful Ark tractor-trailer.
- Keep your team of travelers healthy and happy. Each has their own job that will help the party along their journey. Firearm expert, melee expert, paramedic, and mechanic. Lose one and you’ll be limping down the road!
- Loot randomly generated 3D cities for supplies and weapons. Get in and out quickly or you will face the horde (and maybe join them.)
- A vast arsenal of weapons including revolvers, tactical shotguns, field hockey sticks. Oh and katanas, which will enable your players to survive and onslaught of Zombies!
- Dark comedy story and diverse cast of characters.
- Keep your senses about you and your ear to the ground. So the ambient sound changes when you’re being hunted.
Dead Man’s Trail – Beta Demonstration:
So, inspired to vote on Greenlight?
This is the sort of zombie survival that would adds nicely to the list of Linux games. Hence the reason for the news, well that and the fact that the gameplay style has some solid potential. With a release coming this June for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. While being developed in Unity 3D, of course.
Stay tuned for more details.
Award winning indie team #EvilTwinArtworks are back in gaming news. Hence the team is proud to #announce Man O’ War: Corsair will leave Early Access for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. While now moving to a #fulllaunch as of April 19th, 2017. Man O’ War Corsair is available on Steam for $29.99 / £22.99 / €27.99.
“When we first launched our alpha back in April 2016. We rather optimistically said that we had about four months work left to do,” commented James Carroll, Director at Evil Twin Artworks. “We suspected we might end up doing more than that. But our fantastic gaming community has been so passionate and supportive. That now we have a much deeper and more engaging game than we ever envisaged.”
Man O’ War: Corsair now features explorable ports, new races and factions. Plus additional gameplay modes, horrifying sea monsters and more epic battles than ever before in gaming. So it’s a shining example of how a title should come through Early Access. And then blossom into a full gaming experience. James explains further: “When developers approach Early Access the right way, it can prove a wonderful collaboration that involves your most passionate fans without having to compromise your original development vision. We’re really glad we trusted our guts (and our community!) and took that route.”
True to form, through final launch and beyond. Evil Twin Artworks will still be asking for even more community feedback and suggestions. So they continue to keep expanding Man O’ War: Corsair for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. With a number of updates already in the works.
About Man O’ War Corsair:
Man O’ War: Corsair is a video game of high adventure, naval combat and exploration based on the Games Workshop classic Man O’ War table top game. Play as a rogue Captain of the Empire or Champion of Chaos, personally navigating your vessel in third person across the Great Western Ocean while plundering enemy ships, visiting ports, trading and making legends of your deeds across the land and sea! Engage in boarding actions, with direct control over your Captain and take the fight to the enemy.
In Man O’ War: Corsair, players will explore a vast continent. Featuring fleets of sailing vessels, cannons, spells and mystical creatures. All clashing on an epic scale. But beware the very waters beneath your bows… Here there be monsters!
Man O’ War: Corsair Features:
- Sea based warfare – Engage in thrilling broadside battles and take command of your captain as you board enemy ships from an on deck perspective!
- Huge game world to explore with over a huge number of ports
- A large variety of customisable vessel types, Trade and fight with other Captains, vessels and ports.
- Hire wizards and other magical beasts to do your bidding
- Command allies from different races and fight deadly enemies including –
Orcs, High Elves, Dwarfs, Dark Elves, Skaven, Pirates, Chaos, Sea Monsters and more!
- Travel the huge environment day and night, and in all weathers.
So the news of Man O’ War: Corsair now having a full release is significant Linux news. While offering a 10% discount now available on both Steam and GOG. For some reason Humble Store does not have said discount.
Also, for more direct feedback, check out the Steam Forum.