Since developer Pipliz are looking for Linux Alpha testers via #Reddit for Colony Survival. And while this Unity #games is in it’s early stages. The developers are keen to have more Linux feedback from the community. Ideally for testers to help provide feedback in order create an epic release this summer. Which is already scheduled for #Windows via Steam, and we now see Linux and SteamOS support too.
Requirements for Colony Survival Alpha testers:
We select good testers by asking you some questions. Answer them clearly and in detail to improve your chances of being selected and receiving a free alpha key! The questions are:
1.) What are your system specifications?
2.) What is your favourite game, and why?
3.) What is the most impressive thing you’ve created in a game?
So if you’re interested in helping out. Submit a reply on Reddit or a PM.
So Colony Survival is about building your own village, castle or city. While you populate it with colonists. Since you’ll have guards, farmers, miners, foresters, bakers, smelters and artisans working for you. And after the sun sets, most colonists will go to sleep. Yet the enemy awakens. So players will have to defend themselves from a horde of monsters. Hence the games beasts will assault your colony, trying to slaughter you and your villagers. So defend your colony with walls, moats and guards.
- Multiplayer support: play with friends and strangers!
- Advanced pathfinding: colonists and zombies will find their way in the world you’ve build. They will dynamically navigate stairs, bridges and tunnels.
- Explore a world with realistically placed biomes. A giant jungle in the center of the world, surrounded by savannas, deserts and temperate biomes. Two polar regions in the far north and south.
- Support for textures and language packs created by players
- Dynamic lighting and eye adaptation
Since Colony Survival scheduled for a Linux, SteamOS and Windows PC release via Steam. Now is the best time to get into the action and help support Tux’ers.