Rocket League has been long-awaited on Linux and Mac. The physicsbased sequel to the beloved arena classic, Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars has finally made a beta debut.
Rocket League is a futuristic type sports action game, players equip and customize their booster-rigged vehicles, then crash into balls for incredible goals or epic saves across multiple arenas and game modes. Using an advanced physics system to simulate realistic interactions. Rocket League relies on mass and momentum, giving players a complete sense of realism in the high-octane version of soccer. Or football, depending on what country you are in.
Headlining Features of Rocket League:
- Rocket League is now available in beta on Mac and Linux platforms
- All-new “Rumble” mode has been added as an unranked playlist, and is also available in Private Matches and Exhibition mode
- Added a way to create up to ten Car Presets that save a specific car configuration for easy access.
- The primary color palette has expanded to give players more options for their Blue and Orange cars, including Green colors for the Blue Team.
- Added “DFH Stadium (Stormy)” and “Urban Central (Dawn)” to all casual/competitive playlists.
- Added all-new “Octagon” arena to the “Rocket Labs” playlist.
Awesome features included:
- All-new Season Mode that allows players to enjoy a full single-player experience
- Extensive Battle-Car customizations with more than 10 billion possible combinations
- Unlockable items and vehicles, stat tracking, leaderboards, and more
- Addictive 8-player online action with a variety of different team sizes and configurations
- Amazing 2-, 3-, and 4-player splitscreen mode that can be played locally or taken online against other splitscreen players
- Broadcast-quality replays that allow you to fast forward, rewind, or view the action from anywhere in the arena
- Competitive cross-platform gameplay with PlayStation®4 users
Keep in mind, this is a beta, however Rocket League is available on Steam with a 25% discount until September 12th for Linux, Mac and PC
What is your experience with Rocket League on Linux? How would rate the gameplay performance to PC?