Descenders to launch 1.0 on May 7th, but you can play it now on Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to the development efforts of RageSquid. Since the games coming out of Early Access. Available now on both Steam and Humble Store.
Descenders is holding a 91% Very Positive reviews on Steam. So the downhill biking roguelike development is at a full release. Since this is some *pretty gosh darn exciting* news.
After 15 months in Early Access. And also more than half a dozen major updates. Descenders is getting a full 1.0 launch on Steam. Officially this will be on May 7. Which also includes multiplayer.
The May 7th launch will include:
- Online multiplayer
- New Destiny styled central hub filled with players
- Ride with strangers, or lobby up with friends
- Double the content, with 4 whole new worlds, including Jungle and Favela
- New music, new modes, new tweaks, new customization, tons of new stuff
Descenders Preview Launch Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows PC)
Modern Take on an Extreme Sport
- Procedurally generated worlds: Take on different jumps, slopes and hillbombs every time you play
- Freestyle bike controls: Control every subtle movement of your rider. Also use the in-depth physics system. Made for slick whips and scrubs
- Rogue-Bike: Earn special mutators each time you play Descenders. While you work out which abilities work best for your riding style
- Build your Rep: A fully featured online Rep system. This also lets you show off your worth. And earn new bikes and threads
- Fully licensed soundtrack: RageSquid partnered up with drum and bass label Liquicity. So they can bring you the perfect soundtrack for hitting the mountains
- Become the next Descender: Can you survive the game in a single run. And also reach the ranks of the legendary Descenders?