Death and Taxes a Grim Reaper simulator
Death and Taxes is a game in the vein of narrative based indie titles. So it’s similar to “Papers, Please”, “Reigns”, “Beholder” and “Animal Inspector”.
Placeholder Gameworks is eager to release Death and Taxes. Since reviews are 93% Very Positive on Steam. Rightly so, the games available on Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Where the consequences of your choices are yours to bear. While the mystery of your incarnation awaits revelation.
Death and Taxes puts you into the role of the Grim Reaper. Since Death is just an office job. And similarly, the choices you make, determine the outcome. Your relationship with your boss and the way you play. All of this determines whether you will save the world or condemn it to damnation. So go ahead and meet a cast of oddball characters. While you foil plots to destroy the world. And maybe dress your Reaper to impress. Experience a world in beautiful hand painted 2D watercolor style.
Death and Taxes Gameplay Trailer
Become the Grim Reaper!
- Have a.. totally normal.. office job
- Talk to your boss
- Get monies
- Buy stuff from Mortimer’s Plunder Emporium(?)
- Maybe decorate your desk in Death and Taxes
- So do some paperwork
- Pet the cat??
- Stare in the mirror and talk to yourself
- Don’t let the existential dread set in
- DONT LET IT SET IN
- ONLY THE FATE OF HUMANKIND IS IN YOUR HANDS, IT’S 100% OK
- Listen to that one rather catchy tune, in the elevator
- Meaningful Death and Taxes choices
- Branching storyline with multiple [SECRET] endings
- Fully voiced NPCs
- Original Soundtrack
- Also, original artwork featuring watercolour graphics
- Dialogue options
- Upgrade shop
- Twitch integration!
Death and Taxes Grim Reaper simulator also follows in the vein of story based indie titles. There is also a Free demo available for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Maybe test your chances as the Grim Reaper. Before chacking out the release on Steam, Itch.io and GameJolt. Priced at $12.99 / €11.99 / £10.99 plus a 25% discount.