Frozenheim colony sim game is coming to Linux when the developer is satisfied with Windows PC build. According to the recent details from Paranoid Interactive. Which is available on both Steam and Humble Store.
Paranoid Interactive lets players have to chance to earn the respect of the gods of Asgard. Clever management of the village and cunning battle tactics in raids. These are also two of the skills you need to become worthy of your own saga in Frozenheim. Check out the latest trailer below to see for yourself.
Frozenheim gameplay trailer
We will look into providing everyone with a linux build as soon as we’re satisfied with the post-release state of the game.
This is only part of the developer reply via Steam. Since Paranoid Interactive is taking its time to release a solid Frozenheim build. This is also a further benefit to the Linux community for the Unreal Engine 4 game.
But the dev’s would “rather not have to support separate builds with every upcoming update. Until we know that we’re in the clear and have some extra time on our hands. But that being said, Linux support is something we’re definitely looking at.” So it will be interesting to see how the Linux build runs natively.
Things get more creative from here for Steam Deck owners. Since the dev’s are waiting on Valve’s for a dev kit. Although, it will be interesting to see if the native build runs on the Deck.
Frozenheim left Steam Early Access on June 16th, 2022. Having spent a little over a year working with the community. Since feedback is the key resource to making Frozenheim a great game. That’s what users are getting with the full release.
- Build and expand a Viking village from nothing to a rich, unconquerable settlement,
- Forage, hunt, fish, grow your food, and keep your clan safe as the season’s pass,
- Find your own progression path as you learn to utilize new buildings and units,
- Explore the fjords of Midgard, launch raid parties on foot, or set sail in your longboats,
- Seek the blessings of ancient shrines and build temples to win the favor of Asgard,
- Raid other players or form alliances with them in multiplayer matches,
- Capture the raw beauty of the Frozen North in photo mode.