Rebel Inc: Escalation strategic simulation is coming to Windows PC, but missing support for Linux. At least according to Ndemic Creations. Due to release soon on Steam Early Access.
Rebel Inc: Escalation is an engaging political/military strategic simulation. A unique game from the creators of Plague Inc. There is a Discussions thread asking for Linux. But Ndemic Creations has yet to commit to support.
We are not currently planning to release the game on Linux. Though this may change in the future during the course of Early Access development.
Also, we use Unity 3D to develop our games.
According to the Discussion thread, “almost no players used it.” It being Linux. Along with “a lot of technical issues” with the game. From a developer standpoint, you can understand their point of view.
In contrast, Rebel Inc: Escalation support is “something I would like to do.” So here’s hoping with enough Wishlist backers it will happen. Hopefully raising enough demand for the missing support.
Rebel Inc: Escalation Official Launch Trailer
In Rebel Inc: Escalation, the war is ‘over’. But we all know that doesn’t mean anything.
Therefore, in order to stabilise a war-torn country. You need to balance competing for military and civilian priorities. While working to win the hearts and minds of the people. Also stopping a deadly insurgency from seizing power.
Following on from the global mega hit Plague Inc. With over 130 million players. Rebel Inc: Escalation offers a deeply engaging, strategic challenge. Also taking inspiration from the complexities and results of modern counter insurgency. It has received acclaim from international development experts. Even featured at a major international peace conference.
Rebel Inc: Escalation will combine the original’s critically acclaimed gameplay. While including all-new features. Including a campaign, multiplayer and steam workshop support. Along with improved graphics and lots more.
Rebel Inc: Escalation will launch on Steam Early Access this month. Check out the full list of features at launch below. Take a look at what’s coming to the game.
Full Features List
- 5 different regions – Deploy to different strategic environments. Including the gentle farms of ‘Saffron Fields’. The strategic chokepoint of ‘Mountain Pass’. Also the impenetrable forests of ‘Distant Steppe’, and more
- 6 unique governors – Whether it’s the ‘Economist’ receiving an entire year’s income in one go. The ‘Smuggler’ thriving on corruption or even the ‘Warlord’ with his personal militia. Each governor has radical new abilities to master
- Hyper-realistic world – Inspired by Afghanistan. Highly detailed and based on extensive research. Rebel Inc: Escalation contains real world development initiatives. An innovative representation of counter insurgency tactics. It has been praised by the World Bank. Also featured at a major international peace conference
- Intelligent civilian and military AIs. Deadly insurgent attacks put constant pressure on your operation. Along with deep story algorithms. Since your decisions model the needs of local populations.
- Gorgeous Graphics – Stabilise a beautifully rendered 3D world that responds to your actions. While thriving as you provide jobs and services. Drone cams and civilian TV channels bring your operation to life. And show you what’s happening on the ground.
- Clear Intelligence – Plan priorities with Intelligence Reports and Combat SITREPs. Geek out with loads of new stats and graphs. So you can analyse your best strategies with end-of-game replays.
Rebel Inc: Escalation strategic simulation is due to release this month. Coming to Windows PC. While Linux support is still a wait and see.