So Airships: Conquer the Skies still holds a 100% Very Positive on Steam. Therefore you know the games good and the steampunk building strategy is worth playing. Since I have not, I cannot give you a first hand account.
That being said, this is a real-time strategy game. Since players will have to design airships and then fight with them. The aim is to have pretty chaotic explodey fights and interesting ship design choices.
But what gets me about the gameplay is the building. Then taking your fleet of mayhem and dominating other players. Doing so in either against the AI or in online multiplayer.
Airships: Conquer the Skies Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
Features in the game:
- Free-form ship design where you’re not limited to some fixed layout
- Historically authentic heraldry
- Dragon taming
- Giant sky squid that eat your crew
- Grappling hooks
- Giant land-walkers
- An in-game editor for challenge missions
- A combat replay system that lets you re-enter the fight on either side
- Multiplayer map conquest
- Extensive modding support with more than a hundred mods, adding a huge number of of extra modules and other things
Since David Stark is five years into development. Nearly all of it with public builds available. So players can go from a ship construction prototype with weirdly greenish-tinged wood. All the way to the games current state. Which includes multiplayer, dragons, landships, and well, more ship design.
Release date for Steam and Itch:
Airships: Conquer the Skies is available on Steam and Itch.io, priced at $14.99 USD. Which also happens to support Linux, Mac and Windows.
Since the release date is August 16th, 2018, that launch is not too far off.