Commandos 2 – HD Remaster finally gets a release in Linux gaming with Mac beside Windows PC. Now the classic Pyro Studios game is available in HD. Available via Steam and Humble Store, while GOG still shows Windows only.
Publisher Kalypso Media announces the release of Commandos 2 – HD Remaster in Linux gaming and Mac. While growing the total platforms to six for the renewed Pyro Studios classic. Next to Mac and Linux, Windows PC is also available with PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. Each version contains a full high definition renewal for its Pyro Studios predecessor. So you can expect things like revamped tutorials, campaign missions, and controller support. Even though the reviews on Steam are at a casual 66% Mixed, it’s worth playing.
Commandos 2 – HD Remaster – Gamescom Trailer
With the addition of the Mac and Linux versions of Commandos 2 – HD Remaster. Kalypso Media’s library now has 14 games for Linux. This includes the heavy hitters Tropico 6, Dungeons 3, and Sudden Strike 4. Plus, there is also the recent release of Spacebase Startopia.
Commandos 2 – HD Remaster is a true homage to one of gaming’s most famous works. So you can relive the real time tactics classic that defined the genre. Especially since the game is upgraded to an HD release.
Take control of an elite group of Allied commandos. Then venture deep into enemy territory and make use of their combined skills. All while completing a series of harder missions. In this World War II genre classic you will explore interactive settings. As you use the unique skills of the party and complete missions against clearly futile odds.
- Take on the Commandos series in HD for the first time!
- Every tutorial and campaign mission is redone. Along with reworked controls and a modern UI
- Access authentic WWII vehicles, scenarios, and weaponry. Such as tanks and bazookas
- 10 missions spanning 9 day and night settings. All with real looking weather effects
- Steal, climb and swim to complete missions. All within a fully interactive settings
- Play as a broad cast of characters. This includes a Green Beret, Sniper, and Whiskey the dog
- Test out various skills and approaches. Doing so in demanding and against all odds style gameplay