Since the day has come #MicroMachinesWorldSeries releases with day-one support for Linux. While the #games release is available for Linux, Mac and #Windows. As previously mentioned, porting company Virtual Programming already posted. So get ready to jump into the games madness of racing micro vehicles. Complete with epic team battle strategies. While set against the interactive backdrops of the everyday home.
Micro Machines World Series Features:
- LEGENDARY LOCATIONS: Featuring the iconic kitchen and pool table tracks amongst others, plus all-new locations and arenas such as the garden and workshop, Micro Machines World Series features 10 Race Tracks and 15 Battle Arenas!
- COOL INTERACTIVE PLAY-SETS: Teleporters, catapults, giant fans, etc add even more fun and will ensure no two races are the same!
- CUSTOMISABLE VEHICLE CAST: An array of amazing miniature vehicles, each with its own unique load-out of weapons and abilities plus a massive range of customization options!
- OFFICIAL HASBRO LICENSES: Featuring NERF, G.I. JOE, HUNGRY HUNGRY HIPPOS and OUIJA
- CLASSIC MINIATURE RACING: Micro Machines racing for the purists, including Elimination mode! Huge variety of weapons, interactive tracks, unique skins, and kill markers to earn!
- ALL-NEW BATTLE MODES: Up to 12 players in huge arenas, multiple modes that proves that a single takedown is just as satisfying as winning a race!
- TEAM-PLAY: Game-changing synergies as you join together to take on the rest!
- ONLINE & OFFLINE MULTIPLAYER: Featuring leaderboards, regular challenges/competitions, seasons, playlists, multiple divisons, etc!
So the releases available now for Linux, Mac and Windows. Yet the review seems to be a bit mixed on Steam, 41% positive at the time of writing. Since I have yet to play the game personally, I can only follow comments. Due to the games limitations to multiplayer, no compaign and of the vehicles’ perform the same. One reviewer even outlines a positive point being the Steam refund, yikes. Which sounds taxing for a $29.99 USD game, no matter how good the port is.