Since developer Team Shifty and publisher #tinyBuild announced the news for the Mr. Shifty open beta. We have been waiting patiently for the marvel looking action #game. And while the full gaming #release is finally here. Mr. Shifty is only available on Steam for Linux, Mac and Windows PC.
So the gaming experience is about Shift through bullets. While you master really-fast take-downs. Which is a new type of top down action game. The story follows a teleportation-fueled heist. Where players break into the world’s most secure facility as Mr. Shifty. And the game is created by ex-Fruit Ninja dev’s. Which is unfortunately not available on Linux.
- Shift through walls and through bullets. Covering huge distances and be everywhere at once
- One shot kills. So survive on skills.
- Use distraction, trickery, explore what’s possible. Since stealth and action become one!
- Toy with enemies. Hence laughing as they use doors to enter rooms
- So try not to underestimate enemies. and cry as they use group tactics to outsmart Shifty
While the art style and shows of the game create the right vibe. Kind of like the character Nightcrawler from X-Men in say Hotline Miami 2. All created in Unity, which should not be news to Linux gamers. And what really has my attention is how fast the gaming action is. Plus the dynamic shadow effects are like something out of a comic book.
Since this all adds to the tension of the game. Using skill to out-smart enemies.
So the top down action of Mr. Shifty is available on Steam for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. But also coming to the Nintendo Switch. Both are priced at $14.99 USD, but with a 10% discount until April 29th.
- OS: Latest Debian redistributable or SteamOS
- Processor: Intel Dual Core
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 650 GTX / AMD Radeon 7850 HD series card
- Storage: 2 GB available space