Kalypso Media and Gaming Minds Studios are excited to announce Railway Empire for #Linux and Windows PC. Hence a brand-new #tycoon #simulation game. One that promises to bring all the drama and excitement of running your own rail company. Since gameplay starts in 1830’s America and expands your business from coast to coast across 100 years of booming industry. So Out-think and out maneuver your rivals, research innovative new technologies. Then expand your network across a huge gaming world. Railway Empire is currently planned for a Q4 2017 release. So between the release of Vikings Wolves of Midgard and Sudden Strike 4, Kalypso are launching some solid games.
So further details and gameplay will be shown as the game is revealed at GDC 2017 in San Francisco. Since attendees will be welcome to see the game in action and find out all the details. Plust the features behind this expansive and ambitious new strategy title.
So to whet your appetite before the full gameplay demos at GDC. Hence Kalypso Media has released a teaser trailer. Giving a glimpse of what to expect as they forge their very own Railway Empire:
About Railway Empire
So in Railway Empire, players will create an elaborate and wide-ranging rail network. While able to purchase over 40 different trains modelled in the games extraordinary detail. Or buy or build railway stations, maintenance buildings, factories and tourist attractions. Keeping your travel network ahead of the competition. You’ll also need to hire and manage your workforce if you want to ensure an efficient train service, whilst also develop over 300 technologies ranging from mechanical improvements to the trains themselves to workplace infrastructures and advanced amenities as you progress through five eras of technological innovations.
However, you can’t just build and research your way to the top – the competition never sleeps, and to keep your business on track you’ll have to survive against up to three rival tycoons. To get to the top you may have to resort to more cutthroat tactics as you attack and sabotage your opponents through raids and industrial espionage.
The games Features:
- Exploit the economic opportunities of the United States in an extensive campaign, working your way step by step from coast to coast across this great continent.
- Lead your Railway Empire to success by establishing a comprehensive rail network and optimizing transportation of passengers and goods.
- Master challenges and objectives through a range of scenarios, or create your perfect railway network in construction mode without any financial pressure.
- Over 40 historically accurate locomotives and more than 30 different wagons can be acquired over the course of the game, and must be put to use in the best way in order to take advantage of their strengths and weaknesses.
- Invest in over 300 new technologies across five different eras to progress and maximize the potential of your rail network.
- Compete with up to three rival companies, and even sabotage their efforts with the use of bandits and spies.
Railway Empire will make its first appearance at GDC 2017 between 28th February and 2nd March.
The Steam page for Railway Empire is here.