Vaporum: Lockdown by Fatbot Games is a grid based single player dungeon crawler. Which also takes place in an original steampunk setting. While taking inspiration from classics such as Dungeon Master and Eye of the Beholder. Even the new Legend of Grimrock series. The game has launched on Windows PC. But the Linux and Mac releases will follow shortly.
Proton support starts the game, but after the Unity 3D logo, black screen. Nothing loads from that point on. Which has also happened to a couple of other Unity games, such as the Against the Moon Prologue.
Vaporum: Lockdown – Launch Trailer
Vaporum: Lockdown, prequel to critically acclaimed Vaporum. Since gameplay expands on everything that makes the original game good. Follow the story of Ellie Teller. A scientist who is a part of a mysterious research project in the middle of an ocean. After disastrous events, she struggles to survive and escape the tower of Arx Vaporum.
- An old school grid based dungeon crawler. Vaporum: Lockdown comes with modern audio visuals and controls.
- First person real- ime combat with deadly foes. Including varied abilities and behaviors.
- Stop time mode where time only passes when you act. While giving you unlimited time to reason about your next best move.
- Intriguing story following a fully voiced female protagonist.
- Unique gadget based RPG system in Vaporum: Lockdown. Including tons of customization, tons of loot, and tons of synergies to find.
- Mind bending puzzles and hazards.
- Deep steampunk setting.
- Full controller support.
So get ready to solve all kinds of puzzles and hazards. While using various interactive elements. Vaporum: Lockdownh will test both your wits and reflexes. The overall storyline will have you piecing together a solution to the main obstacle, where the individual pieces are spread over several levels. You will learn a lot about the world and its inhabitants through voiced dialogs, phonodiaries, and written notes.
Vaporum: Lockdown dungeon crawler still coming to Linux gaming as well as Mac with Windows PC. Which is available now priced at $17.99 USD. If you want to test it out for yourself via Proton. The games available on Humble Store, GOG and Steam.