Agents: Biohunters opened the Closed Beta for Windows PC, but we also discuss Linux support. Thanks to developer Playstark Games. Which was available via Steam and actually works on Linux.
Agents: Biohunters is a third-person hero shooter. Also a dynamic competition between the two teams. Each fights to capture Rognar: the great creature that lives in the map.
Players choose between 6 characters. They are also unique Agents with different abilities and playstyles. A game of pure action that attempts to unite two worlds. Both the hunting of monsters (PvE). And similarly, the hero shooter genre (PvP). Hunt, Level Up, Build, Outplay and Win. Some players compare the game to Gigantic, Overwatch and Monster Hunter.
So what does this mean for Linux? I reached out to Playstark Games after receiving a ton of press detail. And since most free to play games do not support Linux. But that may not be the case for Agents: Biohunters.
- Particularly what game engine is being used?
We are using Unity.
- Can we expect to see a Linux port?
We would like to port to all the platforms. But right now the team is small (only 9 people). And we are focused on polish the Windows version. If this goes well we will be open to port to the rest of the platforms (Linux, Mac, PS, Xbox, Switch…).
Having a chance to play the Closed Beta for Agents: Biohunters. Which only ran on September 22nd from 4PM UTC – 10PM UTC.
So, a fairly short test window for the first players to access the game. Testing quick-play matches in two teams of 3 players. The gameplay is interesting and challenging. Shooting these massive creatures enough to weaken and capture them with your team.
Since the Windows PC release works well via Proton. And not a bad little workaround either. Allowing me to test gameplay on Linux. Well, at least for the amount of time I could play it. Since I kept getting hung up with a “connecting to Master” issue. As did other players trying to connect to the Agents: Biohunters server. But still an upcoming release supporting. Check out the trailer below and see for yourself.
Agents: Biohunters CLOSED BETA Announcement
Agents: Biohunters will be a free to play game without loot boxes. But there is a free access Season Pass reward system. And also those optional cosmetic purchases. Planned to fully release in 2019 for Windows PC. With availability for Linux, PlayStation, Xbox & Switch in the future. Due to a solid community of more than 50,000 followers in social networks.
There are also Founders Packs found on the website. These offer exclusive rewards:
- AGENT PACK: Access to All Future Test Phases & Launch, Agent Role in Discord. At launch, will include $10 USD Worth of In-Game Currency. Exclusive Agent In-Game Avatar.
- CRUSADER PACK: Access to All Future Test Phases & Launch, Crusader Role in Discord. At Launch, Will Include: $40 USD Worth of In-Game Currency, Exclusive Agent In-Game Avatar and an Exclusive Crusader Motorbike.
- VANGUARD PACK: Access to All Future Test Phases & Launch, Crusader Role in Discord. At Launch, Will Include: $120 USD Worth of In-Game Currency, Exclusive Vanguard In-Game Avatar, Exclusive Agent In-Game Avatar and an Exclusive Crusader Motorbike.
Agents: Biohunters is due to release in 2019 on Windows PC. And in order to get that Linux release, we need Wishlist Support.