ATOM RPG releases on Early Access for Linux
ATOM RPG is a classic role-playing game that releases now on Steam for Linux. Also, the games available on Steam for Linux, Ubuntu, Mac and Windows. But do keep in mind, the release is on Early Access. The adventure game mechanics are a respectful nod towards the games. As well as the books and movies which inspired for this releases actual creation. While AtomTeam has enough originality to keep the players interested in exploring our world. Personally I have been looking forward this release for some time.
So ATOM RPG: A Post-nuclear RPG set in the Soviet Union. Previously we release news about the launch on Kickstarter. The games campaign did achieve it’s goal this year. And now…. voila, Early Access. All inspired by classic CRPGs: Fallout, Wasteland, Deus Ex, Baldur’s Gate and many others.
AtomTeam is putting as much detail as we can into the world. So this means more intricate stories and characters. The main goals include creating unique portraits and dialogues for each NPC. So the role-playing process is skill-driven. Meaning dialogue options and ways to solve a quest depend on the set of abilities the player has. Therefore, this makes the game non-linear. So you can visit any location on the world map at any time. You can even kill key characters. And also still have the possibility of beating the game.
ATOM RPG – Official Trailer:
ATOM RPG Features:
- Powerful character creation tool, aimed at making the wasteland hero you want to portray!
- A balanced roleplaying system inspired by GURPS. So each stat combination provides a unique gaming experience. Unique dialogues and new ways to solve some of the quests.
- Dozens of skills, from lockpicking to gambling!
- Many hours of gameplay on all sorts of locations. Meet the other survivors in a brave new settlement, built from the dust of the old world. Venture into the wilds, where mutated creatures and savage bandits lurk. Work out the secrets of an old military bunker. Or simply lose yourself, fishing at a scenic pond…
- Turn-based combat, inspired by Fallout 1 and 2.
- Random encounters with the dwellers of the Soviet Wasteland – both friendly and dangerous. Sometimes all at the same time…
- Many deep, multiple-choice dialogues that feel like real conversations with the unique NPCs of the game.
- Nonlinear gameplay! Dozens of quests, each with many alternative solutions. Play the game like You want to!
So now you know the concept behind the ATOM RPG release. The games available now on Steam for Linux, Ubuntu, Mac and Windows priced at $14.99 USD. Which is also a tall order for the developer. Keeping up platform support for all three releases.