The creators of the The Last Door #games released a Kickstarter. Hence the #epic but dark and brutal 2D non linear platformer, Blasphemous. Already funded via #Kickstarter crowdfunding and passing the first stretch goal. While very close to the second stretch goal and climbing fast. Set to release as a download for Linux, Mac and Windows PC.
So games will have players vanquishing bloodthirsty creatures. Since these are the devotees of a twisted religion. All created using hand-crafted pixel art from developer The Game Kitchen. While your journey through a nightmarish universe full of hellish, bloodthirsty creatures. Exploration, intense combat and a very twisted religious world awaits you. Hence this epic action platformer. Which will release with a Linux, Mac and Windows PC download.
Since gameplay is at the core of Blasphemous. Players can expect fast, intense and non-stop action combat. Hence a hack-n-slash game with a deep and evocative narrative core. Where you will fight and slay creatures. Each one bigger and more fearsome than the last. Delivered through rewarding exploration. Hence an intricate world comprised of non-linear levels.
So chain encounters at the right pace and you will be unlocking the Martyr’s Excommunication mode. Where you will become almost unstoppable. While epic boss battle await you in your journey through the lands of Orthodoxia. That is if you manage to survive their minions. Hence your skills will be challenged by the enormous and fierce creatures.
What’s the real Story
Set in the decaying land of Orthodoxia. A place where religion is of the utmost importance in the eyes of the populace. Since superstition runs amok and churches outnumber people two to one. You will find yourself in this agonizing territory in the wake of the Age of Corruption. During which practically the entire population was transformed into hideous beasts. Solely as a punishment for their mutual blasphemy and inadequate worship. These creatures that had deepened their profound faith. Developing an unstoppable bloodthirst you now have to contend with…
- Awesome pixel art, featuring very large sprites with smooth animations, entirely created using traditional pixel by pixel, frame by frame techniques.
- Explore a huge, doomed land, a universe that feels open, delivered through a non-sequential level design that puts you in control of where to go next.
- An insane focus on pleasant combat, meticulously crafted so every push of a button delivers a rush of dopamine directly to your brain.
- Blasphemous’ levels tell a story that is challenging to decipher, but very rewarding to those who dare to put all its pieces together.
- Deep progression system with equipable and consumable items: Find your personal combat style by equipping rosary beads, crown thorns, or carrying around relicæ that boost your combat abilities.
Why a Kickstarter campaign
Blasphemous development started around November 2016. The Game Kitchen are able to fund the first stages of development by ourselves. All thanks to their previous game, The Last Door. This enabled the team to start work on the playable prototype. While simultaneously creating the materials for the campaign.
So Kickstarter, is being used two reasons. The first to remain creatively independent while giving shape to the game. While the second is to develop the game towards its community of players. Hence keeping an open fashion, as they did with The Last Door. Beyond this, The Game Kitchen are hoping to sign with a nice indie publisher. Ideally allowing the game to get even bigger. While supporting more platforms and all major consoles. Launching in more countries with proper language support.
Therefore, you can pledge the crowdfunding campaign Blasphemous now. Since the games release will have a Linux, Mac and Windows PC download.