Insurgency: Sandstorm now has alpha gameplay screenshots. The ever evolving original Insurgency formula. Which is also the multi-million selling FPS comes enhanced and expanded.
Insurgency: Sandstorm is built in Unreal Engine 4. Which also includes upgraded graphics and takes the series into a new era. Which is coming to Windows, and for the first time, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Following later with a native Linux and Mac build. Since this is not uncommon for Unreal Engine 4 games. We are eager to see the initial release. Let along native support.
Insurgency: Sandstorm brings extended gameplay possibilities. This means an improved immersion. As well as new co-op and versus objective-based game modes. All this while retaining the lethal tactical action that makes Insurgency a worldwide phenomenon. Six new screenshots are available direct from the ongoing Closed Alpha.
Experience kinetic, gritty and immersive combat. While set on a modern battlefield that strikes a balance between action and simulation gameplay. Both you and your enemies can die in as few as one or two shots. Since there is no health bar, kill feed, crosshair or regenerating health.
Teams must also move with speed and fluidity. Weaving through dense urban environments. Capturing and destroying vital enemy objectives.
Each weapon has unique ballistic calculations that take into account bullet drop, travel time, and penetration power. Bullets are tracked realistically in each magazine container, and magazines do not automatically merge together. Choose to drop magazines for faster reloads in dangerous situations, carefully open doors to keep quiet, or bash them down with a shoulder charge. Returning players will experience new features like fire support mechanics, drivable light vehicles, character customization, weapon customization, and competitive matchmaking.
Insurgency: Sandstorm Features:
- The 3,6 million selling Military FPS comes enhanced and expanded.
- Built in Unreal Engine 4, the game takes the series into a new era on PC and, for the first time on Consoles
- Fight across a modern battlefield utilizing gameplay mechanics that blur the lines between reality and shooter
- Battle across expansive maps up to 16-versus-16 in online multiplayer, or in co-op against bots
- Emphasis on strategic teamplay with in-game positional voice chat and a clever use of vehicles and air support
- Compete in Insurgency: Sandstorm’s ranked modes which rewards teamwork and objective play
Insurgency: Sandstorm is coming out later this year on Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and PC. But also coming to Linux and Mac later. So stay tuned for more information. And check out the official website too.