Kalypso Media and Gaming Minds Studios announce some further details for budding rail moguls. So you can be amongst the first to test their entrepreneurial skills. Also get your hands on the closed Beta. This is all coming to the tycoon simulation Railway Empire by pre-purchasing on Steam. Scheduled for a January 26, 2018 release date for Linux and Windows.
Railway Empire transports players to 1830’s America where they will enter the golden age of steam and must expand their business from coast to coast across 100 years of booming industry. Players must out-think and outmaneuver their rivals by researching innovative new technologies and expanding their network across a huge gaming world. By pre-purchasing Railway Empire on Steam. Players will unlock instant access to the (Windows) closed Beta. Since this contains the first two campaign levels. As well as a comprehensive tutorial with more content additions leading up to the release date. As well as instant Beta access. Players who pre-purchase Railway Empire on Steam will also receive an exclusive custom paint job for the ‘Super Hudson’ locomotive. A digital soundtrack (both available at launch) as well as enjoying a 15% discount for Linux and Windows.
In Railway Empire, you will create an elaborate and wide-ranging rail network. Purchase over 40 different trains modelled in extraordinary detail. Buying or building railway stations, maintenance buildings and factories. Also, the same goes for tourist attractions to keep your travel network ahead of the competition. You’ll also need to hire and manage your workforce if you want to ensure an efficient train service, whilst also develop over 300 technologies ranging from mechanical improvements to the trains themselves to workplace infrastructures and advanced amenities as you progress through five eras of technological innovations.
However, you can’t just build and research your way to the top. So take note, the competition never sleeps. So keep your business on track you’ll have to survive against up to three rival tycoons. To get to the top you may have to resort to more cutthroat tactics. Since you can attack and sabotage your opponents. This is available through raids and industrial espionage.
Railway Empire – How to play Trailer:
Features of Railway Empire:
- Exploit the economic opportunities of the United States in an extensive campaign, working your way step by step from coast to coast across this great continent.
- Lead your Railway Empire to success by establishing a comprehensive rail network and optimizing transportation of passengers and goods.
- Master challenges and objectives through a range of scenarios, or create your perfect railway network in construction mode without any financial pressure.
- Over 40 historically accurate locomotives and more than 30 different wagons can be acquired over the course of the game, and must be put to use in the best way in order to take advantage of their strengths and weaknesses.
- Invest in over 300 new technologies across five different eras to progress and maximize the potential of your rail network.
- Compete with up to three rival companies, and even sabotage their efforts with the use of bandits and spies.
- Co-operative and competitive multiplayer for up to four players.
Railway Empire release date for Linux and Windows is on January 26, 2018. Since players can now pre-purchase on Steam with a 15% discount until January 26, 2018.