Godhood’s first major update releases, called ‘Will of the People’. Which also adds many new buildings with expanded options. Including changes in gameplay mechanics. While increasing the overall challenge for the strategy god game.
Since the Godhood Early Access released on July 10th. Abbey Games listens to community suggestions. So these changes in Will of the People is the first update and part of that process. Since the Dutch developer expects to build on this player feedback. Working to improve the Early Access version. Before the full launch of Godhood. Which you can also see in the livestream recap below. It’s worth a look.
Godhood Major Update livestream
The Will of the People update includes:
- New Enthusiasm mechanic. Since this gives the player’s Worshippers more autonomy. While demanding their god’s attention more forcefully.
- A new Prayer system. Allowing the player to listen and react to their Disciples’ prayer.
- Brand new buildings. Including four new Commandment buildings. Such as the bathhouse for Chastity gods. Also a bordello for Lust. As well as power boosting shrines. Including five more holy buildings in Will of the People. Plus a new building mechanic allows the player to choose what to construct.
- A rework of the Faith mechanic. Expanding the needs and wants of the player’s Disciples.
- A large number of balance changes. Now available to existing classes, buildings and enemy encounters.
- Godhood allows players to create their personalised brand of religion, complete with religious beliefs in the form of Commandments, holy sites, turn-based ritual combat, hero Disciples, miracles, and much more.