Overland new 3D survival tactics game. Coming to Linux from the creators of Canabalt. Due to release on September 19th, 2019.
In Overland, players guide an evolving cast of survivors. While they are on a road trip through a ruined continent. Consequently, they have to survive the trip. So as the player you much scavenge for fuel and weapons. And likewise, search out other supplies to help them keep moving. And also protect themselves from the strange, sound-sensitive creatures. Who continue to roam the remains of North America.
Overland – Launch Trailer
Overland definitely has some creepiness to it. Since you’re taking care of a group of travelers. Doing so in post-apocalyptic road-trip.
The gameplay itself is a turn-based survival game. Which is also a unique take on the genre. But you still have to fight scary creatures. Rescue stranded survivors, and scavenge for supplies. Making sure to get things like first aid kits and weapons.
Decide where to go next in Overland. Whether it’s upgrading this wrecked car. Or just rescuing that dog. Just remember, there are consequences for every action. Get ready for close calls and dramatic escapes. Along with hard choices. Even arguing about whether or not that dog gets rescued. And of course, the end of the world.
- Always keep fuel in the tank. Stay away from the Overland creatures. Be careful. Be quiet.
- Loud sounds attract trouble, and there’s no way you can fight them all. Grab as much gas as you can. Rescue that trapped stranger, and get back in the car before it’s too late.
- Travel West, through grasslands, over mountains, across deserts, and to even stranger places. Every level, roadmap, and character is randomly generated, so each trip is new.
- Equip dozens of items, including medkits, shields, axes, potted plants, scavenged armor, and luggage racks.
- A completely new end of the world from Finji (Canabalt, Night in the Woods).
Overland 3D survival has a release date, September 19th. So make sure to Wishlist on Steam. Since the games due to release on Linux, Mac and Windows PC.